Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Recall a passage from a story by Spider Robinson.

The hero's friend observes that "God is an iron".

(The hero's response is "and I'm a pair of pants with a hole burnt through the ***?")

(The friend then explains that, if a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.)

Every time Charles Barkley is on tv with other people, and he's sitting there while someone else is speaking he just has this blank look in his eyes where I feel like he's constantly repeating in his head "I AM paying attention. I AM paying attention. I AM paying attention"

Every time Charles Barkley is on tv with other people, and he's sitting there while someone else is speaking he just has this blank look in his eyes where I feel like he's constantly repeating in his head "I AM paying attention. I AM paying attention. I AM paying attention"
He's actually had some suprisingly good commentary mixed in, though. I think it's good that he's serious on this show, and not like the comedian he is on TNT.

we do salavation army and nationals children center but i believe they sell our clothes to the thrift stores?

Those places sell the stuff you donate, but Goodwill, for example, sells your donations in their own stores and puts all the profits from those stores into employment training and family support programs for people who are disadvantaged. Salvation Army does similar stuff. So you're actually getting more "bang" for your donation if you donate to a program like Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Those places sell the stuff you donate, but Goodwill, for example, sells your donations in their own stores and puts all the profits from those stores into employment training and family support programs for people who are disadvantaged. Salvation Army does similar stuff. So you're actually getting more "bang" for your donation if you donate to a program like Goodwill or Salvation Army.

ok thanks Rein. You have been quite helpful to answer my random thought questions!

animated-gifs-19-03.gif

Who else has spring fever?

---------- Post added March-17th-2012 at 04:54 PM ----------

I hesitate to say anything about this, for fear of jinxing it. But apparently I'm one of the top candidates for finance manager at one of our dealership's stores.

Any good thoughts y'all could send out would be most appreciated. I need this!!!!

when they interview you, tell them how excited you are for the opportunity and now you can call the Ford store and tell them you won't be taking the Gen. Sales MGR job they were offering you. Good thoughts don't close deals.

I hate Banks. Mortgage rates went up almost .15% in 2 days because they released the February house foreclosures and the number went down because banks made the foreclosing process harder on the consumer in order to cause delay to boost mortgage rates. This is extremely frustrating for me as I have an offer on a house right now and if I called the mortgage lender a day before I would of been able to get 3.80 instead of now 4.15. While this may not seem that big of a deal, it is to a 26 year old kid buying a house on his own and by himself without being bent over from the greedy/corrupted banks.

Archived