Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

blockquote><p>Actually, there

---------- Post added March-7th-2012 at 08:59 AM ----------

[/color]So does anyone else ever start thinking about something and then wonder how the heck you got to thinking about that in the first place?

This morning I was thinking about SNICK, and how when I was younger I used to wonder what it meant. (For some reason I thought it was a regular word.) But the I wondered how the hell am I thinking about SNICK all the sudden? So I tracked back through my thought process:

It started when I was at the gym and I was reminded of an article about Nick Mangold's (of the JETS) sister being an Olympic heavyweight lifter. The article was talking about how she used to play football, so then I was thinking about female football players.

That made me think of the chick (posted in this thread) who's trying to be LSU's next kicker, which reminded me of their current punter who must be completely full of himself (because not only is he good, but he's an Australian, mastering an American sport at a school which worships that sport), which reminded me of another LSU player who must be pretty full of himself, that guy whose nickname is the Honeybadger. The Honeybadger made me angry because I don't understand how he gets a nickname while the other 99+% of college players get referred to by their regular names.

Then I started trying to think of any other college football players who had nicknames that caught on like that, and I couldn't think of any off hand, but I did think of that Wisconsin player Nick Toon. While it's not a nickname, I always thought his name was funny because it lends itself to all kinds of Nickleodeon references.

Then, naturally, I started thinking back to the good old days when I'd watch Nicktoons, and that got me thinking about other stuff I watched on Nick, which included, you guessed it, Saturday Night Nick, also known as SNICK!!

So that's how I went from

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2012/03/05/holleyx-wide-community.jpg' alt='holleyx-wide-community.jpg'>

to

Snick.jpg

Thank you for your time. That completes my random thought for the day :)

That's one hell of a random thought ren. I may go to hell for thinking this, but that pic of Mangold''s sister just screams "Serial Killer Waffle House Waittress."

Just thinking back to shows like Nickelodeon (Snick, Doug, Rocko, Rugrats, Double Dare, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Keenan/Kel, All That, Hey Arnold, My Brother And Me), Fox (Fox Kids; Power Rangers before all the lost in space crap, Bobby's World, Beetle Borgs, Kablaam, Life With Louie, X-Men/Spider-Man Animated Series, Digimon, Beast Wars), Cartoon Network (Courage, Dexters Lab, Johnny Bravo, Ed Edd n' Eddy, Toonami; Dragonball Z/GT, Gundam, Samurai Jack, etc, et ****ing cetera. Even B level shows like Street Sharks, Biker Mice, Double Dragon, and Mortal Kombat: Konquest were pretty good. Not to mention the WB, and pro wrestling (ECW, WWF(E), WCW), and I don't even know how I had time for education as a kid.

I've actually gone back and rewatched every episode from DBZ(GT), X-Men, and Spider-Man, but now that Megavideo has been eradicated, it will be damn near impossible (and expensive) to do much else.

That's one hell of a random thought ren. I may go to hell for thinking this, but that pic of Mangold''s sister just screams "Serial Killer Waffle House Waittress."

I actually saw the episode of True Life she did on MTV a while ago. Seems like a nice enough girl. The sad part is you can tell her brother isn't really supportive of her (I guess he finds it really uncomfortable/weird that she's a powerlifter?). He was kind of a dick to her.

And I wish I could stay up until midnight to watch the old Nick shows. Doug was my absolute favorite. Gotta get a DVR!

Upon seeing a good number of people clamoring for Peyton in the Stadium, I wonder if some of us will ever learn, no matter how many embarrasing examples get put in front of us.

It's simple. If you thought Donovan vs. Kyle Shanahan was bad enough, imagine a guy that can run any offense, can dissect virtually any defense, is probably the best ever at pre-snap reads/progressions/audibles/protections/you name it. We just laughed at Donovan because he threw ducks, and skipped balls acrossed the dirt, and couldn't grasp the offense, and wasn't accurate, but still had the audacity to badmouth Kyle Shanahan in the media.

Kyle: lol, look at this dumbass...see what I have to deal with here? This guy is a piece of work

Now imagine a guy like Peyton, and using everything we know about Peyton, and use the same scenarios. None of them will apply, because as far as offense is concerned, Peyton is a 5 Star General. He can make Kyle look bad, because unlike McNabb, he'll put forth the effort that it takes to get it done in the film room, and on the field. I don't think Kyle would like that too much...

Just imagine the ego trip that would occur if Kyle calls a run, and Peyton audibles to a slant or something like that, and the result is a 70 yard TD, and the same thing happens again another week. It just won't happen here. One, because no matter how much the thought of RG3/whoever dances in our heads, we still suck, Two, because we don't know (for sure) how Mannings body will respond to a full season in the NFC East with a bad (or average) team, Three, because he may only have 3 years left, and there's no way in hell that passing up on (potentially) RGll (because Peyton wouldn't want to have to look over his shoulder/babysit) for a great, but aging QB who has three top flight years left on a rebuilding team that's gone through 10+ years of bad drafting, thus being left with little depth across the board, and Four, Peyton's/Mike/Kyle Shanahan's egos won't allow them to coexist.

It. Just. Doesn't. Make. Sense. Why. Can't. Some. People. Understand.

You gonna bring back a wife to the states?

Normal personality, Software Engineer, AND American citizen, that's the trifecta in India. I know I will be approached to meet some "potential" brides, just about making sure to avoid the ugly ones. But hey, if I find some Indian hottie what's to stop me from bringing her back with me :ols:

Normal personality, Software Engineer, AND American citizen, that's the trifecta in India. I know I will be approached to meet some "potential" brides, just about making sure to avoid the ugly ones. But hey, if I find some Indian hottie what's to stop me from bringing her back with me :ols:

Damn, son. Respect.

2011 was a pretty bad year for me, so was the back half of 2010. I really need a hug.

Damn, son. Respect.

2011 was a pretty bad year for me, so was the back half of 2010. I really need a hug.

2011 sucked for me as well, but the last 2 months have been nothing but amazing. And after graduation it's only gonna get better. Things will turn around for you dude, remember we're younger Redskins fans. We've grown up dealing with disappointment and misery so it shouldn't be anything new to you.

---------- Post added March-7th-2012 at 02:01 PM ----------

So I'm gonna miss the start of NFL Free Agency, a whole bunch of Caps games, and the first two rounds of March Madness while in India but I really don't care. Honestly, if I could I'd stay for a full month. A week and a half really isn't a whole lot but it's all I can afford to do right now.

2011 sucked for me as well, but the last 2 months have been nothing but amazing. And after graduation it's only gonna get better. Things will turn around for you dude, remember we're younger Redskins fans. We've grown up dealing with disappointment and misery so it shouldn't be anything new to you.

Yeah, looking back on it, I kind of butchered that post (I have a terrible habit of being vague at innopportune times). 2012 has been pretty good so far, albeit stressful, but these next few months in particular look to be exceptional. It's just that 4 headed monster of work, family, relationships, and finances that kind of smack you around from time to time, especially when you're young like we are. Growing pains, I guess.

I've leaned on my brother throughout everything for advice, and it looks like things are beginning to pay off, though. My vacation is in July, and I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going somewhere:ols:. I might try that cross country road trip thing that I've thought about doing for the last 3 years. Enjoy that trip though, man.

Lol@Normal.

Normal is a relative scale. Meet the guys who study Computer Science at your school and then you'll see.

LOL I know exactly what you mean. I feel out of place when I talk to those guys.

Hmm random tangent from last comment.

It appears to me that all these people have little cliques in which they hang out together. The aspiring mds hang out together during lab, as do the engineering, math, and computer science majors. I am the only physics major in school. I actually checked and I am the only one. I get along well with all these groups but I don't hang out with them after school as they do within their cliques. I wonder if I would hangout with them out of school if we had the same major.

LOL I know exactly what you mean. I feel out of place when I talk to those guys.

It appears to me that all these people have little cliques in which they hang out together. The aspiring mds hang out together during lab, as do the engineering, math, and computer science majors. I am the only physics major in school. I actually checked and I am the only one. I get along well with all these groups but I don't hang out with them after school as they do within their cliques. I wonder if I would hangout with them out of school if we had the same major.

and indian people hang in cliques too. my parents hate that i don't hang out in these indian cliques. its annoying!

Yeah, and I wouldn't be caught dead with the Computer Science kids. That sounds like the worst party in the history of parties.

Archived