Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

It's true Lost has nothing on the rawness of the wire. The Wire is just so raw its realism is what makes it so great.

What are some signs of internally bleeding? I might need to get checked.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=webmd%2C+signs+of+internal+bleeding&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.medicinenet.com%2Finternal_bleeding%2Farticle.htm&ei=CClVT6ODH-fd0QGc_qSeDA&usg=AFQjCNFsAfKtOt9kMbgQEbEGBXLThopbdQ

I'm going to have to watch a few seasons then. The Wire is another one of those shows that I could never get into, partly because I never gave it a chance I guess.

http://ht.ly/9t6Qi

If you type the word slaughterhouse into a search engine, you get a scroll of Web sites exposing the evils of animal torture, authored mostly by animal rights and vegan apologists. The images of bucking cows and blood-stained pigs confirm your deepest fears about the steak you just ate. But you already knew that, didn't you? How else did that tail-swishing cow turn into last night's rib eye? It had to wind up at a slaughterhouse, a place so abhorrent that the word has become synonymous with torture. But you don't hear "slaughterhouse" in the farmer's vernacular. You hear euphemisms like "harvest my pigs" or "process my cows" instead. Stockyard signifies mega-processors like Swift or Smithfield. Small, independent processors are called abattoirs, which sounds so much more civil. Now, if you believe, as I do, that search engines reflect our social mores, it's funny how easily you can find animal torture sites but not one link to an actual slaughterhouse. It's as if they don't exist. As if killing animals is so reprehensible, so misunderstood, it needs to remain invisible.

So I'm stuck in a hotel room, and Major League is the best thing I can find for background noise. Is this one of the best lines ever written in Hollywood?

Are you trying to say that Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

I say yes.

But those shows are not as iconic as the Wire

---------- Post added March-5th-2012 at 03:45 PM ----------

A few days after UCLA was outed for program dysfunction, Syracuse appears to have gone through a drug problem as well.

What a shame college programs can't do things the RIGHT way

How hard is it to avoid drug use and act like a gentleman?

Yeah right. The Sopranos is easily as iconic, probably more. Tony Soprano is more well-known than any Wire character. And considering half the Sopranos cast is known from Goodfellas etc.

It's hard for me to **** on the Wire too much, as I've seen maybe 3 episodes total, spread out over a ten year period, but yeah, I'm going to have to side with Sticks. Tony Soprano, Ralph, Bobby, Big Puss, Paulie Walnuts, Uncle Junior, Silvio, Chris Moltisanti,Phil Leotardo, etc

C'mon son. Show a little respect.

http://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/statuses/177087680851623937

400 pound guy in front of me was just asked: "regular or diet." Went regular

---------- Post added March-6th-2012 at 01:18 PM ----------

LSU female goalkeeper trying out for LSU's football team

Former LSU women's soccer goalkeeper Mo Isom will attempt to walk on to the Tiger roster Tuesday, putting her soccer-honed leg to the test in a tryout to become the team's newest placekicker. Isom would become the first female college football player in SEC history and just the second in FBS history, following former Colorado and New Mexico kicker Katie Hnida.

A fifth-year senior who has exhausted her eligibility on the soccer field, Isom has been planning the tryout since early 2011 and began working on field goals and kickoffs with the football team in workouts last September, station WDSU reported.

FWQUTYZCIKTVCVX.20110803205137.JPG

Do you mean Larry King?

That would actually make sense, even though he's retired. Larry King was as boring as boring could be.

Studying, packing, more studying and more packing. This week is not gonna be fun.

That's my week at the end of the month, minus the studying. Thanks for reminding me. :ols:

^ She looks like Lindsay Czarniak but with brown hair.

No, not at all....

Cute, though.

Archived