Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

funny story from earlier today at work.

So, in an office of 59, I'm the only black person in the whole place. About 5 of us were standing around talking about "Taste of Denver" coming up this weekend. One guy I work with was trying to remember all the musicians that were playing this weekend. He named several, but then said he coulnd't remember them all. The convo ended, and we all went back to our offices.

About 10 minutes later, he pops his head in my office and says "Hey Matt, I forgot. Boys II Men is gonna be there! You might like that!" and he gave me a thumbs up. I laughed out loud after he left.

funny story from earlier today at work.

So, in an office of 59, I'm the only black person in the whole place. About 5 of us were standing around talking about "Taste of Denver" coming up this weekend. One guy I work with was trying to remember all the musicians that were playing this weekend. He named several, but then said he coulnd't remember them all. The convo ended, and we all went back to our offices.

About 10 minutes later, he pops his head in my office and says "Hey Matt, I forgot. Boys II Men is gonna be there! You might like that!" and he gave me a thumbs up. I laughed out loud after he left.

That's funny as hell, dude.

Being the token black guy can create some pretty hilarious situations.

I wear skins shirts and stuff all the time in PA, and almost ALWAYS get a comment, even when I'm in the Philly area. Never anything negative, except when one well meaning Eagles fan warned me about wearing Redskins stuff in Philadelphia.

I dislike it when I wear Skins paraphernalia around campus ALL day and no one says anything to me about them or football in general :(

Where are all the Skins fans in Blacksburg?

I get acknowledged, but usually people just laugh at me. My instincts tell me to punch them in the face, but I usually just respond like "yeah, I know." :(

---------- Post added August-30th-2011 at 03:03 PM ----------

That's funny as hell, dude.

Being the token black guy can create some pretty hilarious situations.

Tell me about it. Being "token" definitely creates s a lot of laughs. My nickname among the young, hip people I work with is "Black Matt." :ols:

Opportunity...oppurtinityyy... is knocking at your door...
We love that commercial. So cute.

And yes you should do it, ljs---there is nothing like tailgating with these here home Skins folks :)

hate that commercial! LOL. and I will make sure we put on another rockin Skins TG in Seattle.

Old school Office was amazing. Too bad it went to **** after season 5.

i don't remember the exact timing, but i feel it went to **** whenever Jim/Pam became official and it removed that sexual tension that they played off so much. and jim being a manager. that's not a jim thing to do.

Michael Scott: What do I write under "reason for visit"?

Jim Halpert: Concussion.

Michael Scott: [scratches something of the form]

Jim Halpert: What did you write?

Michael Scott: [clears throat] Nothing... I wrote "bringing someone to the hospital".

Putting his foot into the CAT scan machine in the end. lol

Best Michael Scott episode.

As funny as the Office was, no show could be as funny as Arrested Development / Seinfeld.

Did you know that more frozen bananas are sold right here on this boardwalk than anywhere in the OC?

Those are my two favorite comedies ever. Love them both.

Arrested Development was amazing. Too bad it never got the respect it deserved.

Very true. I love in the bonus scenes where David Cross (Tobias) goes off on Fox for not marketing the show correctly (or competently). it's on youtube if you haven't seen it.

Archived