Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

There are times where I am thankful I don't have cable. I'm told right now that ESPN MNF keeps mentioning that two players were teammates, and keeps overhyping this game.

Meanwhile on the Saints radio network they keep the hype to a minimum and simply discuss what is going on in the field of play. There are no useless stories to fill time or random tangents. There is simply description of the play on the field. In this aspect, radio can be a lot more effective, and a lot less irritating than television.

There are times where I am thankful I don't have cable. I'm told right now that ESPN MNF keeps mentioning that two players were teammates, and keeps overhyping this game.

Meanwhile on the Saints radio network they keep the hype to a minimum and simply discuss what is going on in the field of play. There are no useless stories to fill time or random tangents. There is simply description of the play on the field. In this aspect, radio can be a lot more effective, and a lot less irritating than television.

Don't understand how someone doesn't have cable in 2010. And, of course, im talking about if they can afford it.

At any rate, you missed a damn good football game. In fact, the last two (three if you count the Jets-Ravens game) have been awesome.

Sometimes, when I read ix's posts about listening to football games, I always get the mental image of him holed up in some fallout bunker somewhere with one of those big ass 1950's style radios.

Hell you could just go to a bar to watch MNF games, or even college football games.

Yeah, ix is definitely old school.

I am in five fantasy leagues this year (much lower than the 9 I was in last year). And in four of those leagues, I am now 2-0. The last one? 0-2...and that is my annual pay league I have with friends. Awesome. :(

I'd suggest heavy drinking to numb the pain you're feeling, but that would probably only make things worse once you're finally sober.

Archived