Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I was just thinking that the Sam Houston statue may be the biggest American statue ( of a human at least ) that I have ever seen, in-person or in portraits/on tv.. That thing is gi-normous.

It is the world's largest statue of an American hero. But it is the 4th largest in the US. Statue of Liberty being #1 obviously. Our Lady of the Rockies in Montana and the Golden Driller in Tulsa are the two others that are bigger. There is also a replica of Houston's head in an area behind the actual statue:

TXHUNsamhous_head.jpg

Even though I've seen the statue more times than I can count, sometimes you find yourself staring at it as you are driving by it. I'm surprised there aren't more accidents. Because you can get caught looking away from the road for a few seconds before you catch the car starting to drift over. :ols:

---------- Post added March-3rd-2012 at 04:30 PM ----------

I was just messin' with ya. It appears it's a woman, that's carrying a purse.:)

To me it looks like a guy carrying a satchel. :ols:

I was just messin' with ya. It appears it's a woman, that's carrying a purse.:)

Yep, and we all know rp doesn't roll like that, so there was no doubt in my mind that it was not him.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2012 at 05:35 PM ----------

To me it looks like a guy carrying a satchel. :ols:

The stance made me think that it was rather large, Roseanne-esque woman. Then again, it really is too far away to tell. It could be a little bit of both for all we know...

Kind of annoying, but it shows pretty well what I am talking about regarding how you can get caught looking away from the road for a few seconds.

Meh. Nascar guys tweet while driving.
What the hell? :ols: How is that even possible?
It's not. I was just kidding. He had his car in his phone. But he didn't start tweeting until the red flag came out and all the cars were stopped. Right after Montoya had the incident with the track dryer.
So that explains the 50 crashes at Daytona last week.
I think there were less than 10, actually. Besides, cautions are pretty much expected at tracks like Daytona and Talladega, where there are often 30+ cars within inches of one another at speeds of 200 mph.
Don't know how Kozlowski was tweeting from his car, but I heard NASCAR is going to crack down

How can you use your phone while driving like that

"Keselowski". And you actually have it backwards. Not only did they not penalize him for having his phone in his car, they said it was perfectly ok. They even went onto say that they encourage all their drivers to use social media. Though not while driving, of course.:)

I'm still recovering from the feds shutting down Megavideo a few months ago, but I am beginning to move on from it. I have been pleasantly surprised by Netflix's improved inventory ever since I cursed them into oblivion and canceled my subscription last year.

Although I feel that I have great taste in movies, I do fall victim to the alluring nature of the occasional cheesy action/horror movie every now and then. I just can't help it. Today it was Hard Target and Congo, which happen to be two pretty good movies.

I completely forgot about Congo, which actually has some mild starpower to it (Laura Linney, Ernie Hudson, Tim Curry, Dylan Walsh, Delroy Lindo cameo). Vastly underrated movie. A pretty good mixture of sarcasm/humor, intensity,adventure, violence, gore, and horror. It also reallyhelps that the director actually used real actors (instead of the the overexcessive cgi crap that gets used for everything these days) to portray the sadistic man killing apes, and it worked. It looked more real than anything I've ever seen.

The music is very good too, and being the avid fan of all things movie scores(soundtracks) that I am, I just found a new favorite...

soC1H7P0UAA

Jerry Goldsmith actually happens to be one of my favorites. Also, after watching this movie, It has really dawned on me that 1995 was a very, very, long time ago, which (even though I'm still young) makes me feel very old, because I remember everything about 1995.

I really do not think I could feel as ****ty or miserable as I feel right now. The situation I have been dealing with for the last few weeks is just eating at me. It's absolutely painful to deal with this. Not going to say what it is yet, but damn, it makes you ****ing feel like absolute ****.

I've lost so much motivation, I sleep at 10 PM now because I'm just plain depressed about this. Ugh.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2012 at 09:08 PM ----------

1 week from now and I'll be in India. Reality is finally starting to set in.

It's been close to 10 years since I last went, and I've been anxious to go back ever since. That time has finally come.

When the Thoughts thread was funky I posted an article which may have gone unnoticed about the rise of Indian Fast Food in American culture. It was really interesting to see the rise of Indian fast food. I should have Na'an someday.

I'm still recovering from the feds shutting down Megavideo a few months ago, but I am beginning to move on from it. I have been pleasantly surprised by Netflix's improved inventory ever since I cursed them into oblivion and canceled my subscription last year.

Although I feel that I have great taste in movies, I do fall victim to the alluring nature of the occasional cheesy action/horror movie every now and then. I just can't help it. Today it was Hard Target and Congo, which happen to be two pretty good movies.

I completely forgot about Congo, which actually has some mild starpower to it (Laura Linney, Ernie Hudson, Tim Curry, Dylan Walsh, Delroy Lindo cameo). Vastly underrated movie. A pretty good mixture of sarcasm/humor, intensity,adventure, violence, gore, and horror. It also reallyhelps that the director actually used real actors (instead of the the overexcessive cgi crap that gets used for everything these days) to portray the sadistic man killing apes, and it worked. It looked more real than anything I've ever seen.

The music is very good too, and being the avid fan of all things movie scores(soundtracks) that I am, I just found a new favorite...

Jerry Goldsmith actually happens to be one of my favorites. Also, after watching this movie, It has really dawned on me that 1995 was a very, very, long time ago, which (even though I'm still young) makes me feel very old, because I remember everything about 1995.

If you like the movie I would suggest reading the book, I think it's better. It's in my rotation of books I read over and over again.

1 week from now and I'll be in India. Reality is finally starting to set in.

It's been close to 10 years since I last went, and I've been anxious to go back ever since. That time has finally come.

Good to hear, buddy. Have a wonderful and safe trip!!

"Keselowski". And you actually have it backwards. Not only did they not penalize him for having his phone in his car, they said it was perfectly ok. They even went onto say that they encourage all their drivers to use social media. Though not while driving, of course.:)

I think Danica might have been tweeting in the car, or putting on makeup, or something. Not a good idea when you're a woman driver to start with. ;)

Her in-car audio was funny after the 88 turned her in the nwd race. Sure as *bleep* wasn't very *bleeping* lady-like after that *bleeping* mother *bleeper* *bleeping* wrecked her *bleeping* car. :ols:

---------- Post added March-3rd-2012 at 09:13 PM ----------

I really do not think I could feel as ****ty or miserable as I feel right now. The situation I have been dealing with for the last few weeks is just eating at me. It's absolutely painful to deal with this. Not going to say what it is yet, but damn, it makes you ****ing feel like absolute ****.

I don't want to seem like I know what's going on. I don't. But having been through some nasty stuff, I can honestly say that I haven't found a wound yet that time doesn't heal. Doesn't help you now, I know, but some small amount of solace I hope.

Be well, and if I can do anything, let me know.

Again, maybe I'm just blowing it out of proportion, I've been way too paranoid on here in the past, and I'm always afraid that people are angry or mad at something I did. Let's just say I did something pretty silly a few weeks ago, and somebody hasn't responded to me about that. That's all I want to go into right now.

Again, maybe I'm just blowing it out of proportion, I've been way too paranoid on here in the past, and I'm always afraid that people are angry or mad at something I did. Let's just say I did something pretty silly a few weeks ago, and somebody hasn't responded to me about that. That's all I want to go into right now.

Ohhhh....

Your PM asking me out. Look dude, I'm flattered. Really. And I wish you the very best, but I like girls. I thought it would be less hurtful to just pretend I didn't get the message. ;)

Cheer up. It'll pass.

When the Thoughts thread was funky I posted an article which may have gone unnoticed about the rise of Indian Fast Food in American culture. It was really interesting to see the rise of Indian fast food. I should have Na'an someday.

don't just have Na'an, it's just bread. Have it with Butter Chicken (Chicken Makhni) or a Paneer dish. Indian food is amazing if you like spicy food. If not, then you may want to stay near a bathroom for a few hours afterwards.

Archived