Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I can't sleep again so I'm watching Dr. Michio Kaku explain how to become invisible on Youtube. Really fascinating show. He's talking about refractive indexes and Harry Potter cloaks and ****.

A lot of it is hypothetical and not feasible with today's technology (you don't actually see him go invisible, rather it's just theory) but he explains it so simply that you don't get lost. Another point he brings up, you can become invisible in theory, but you wouldn't be able to see anything! So the issue of invisibility is very complicated.

Highly recommend

I can't sleep again so I'm watching Dr. Michio Kaku explain how to become invisible on Youtube. Really fascinating show. He's talking about refractive indexes and Harry Potter cloaks and ****.

A lot of it is hypothetical and not feasible with today's technology (you don't actually see him go invisible, rather it's just theory) but he explains it so simply that you don't get lost. Another point he brings up, you can become invisible in theory, but you wouldn't be able to see anything! So the issue of invisibility is very complicated.

Highly recommend

Yeah, I've read about that before. The most scientifically plausible way to create some sort of invisibility shield is to bend light around ourselves - the problem being that we won't be able to receive any of that light (in other words, we won't be able to see anything) if it's being bent around us whenever we want to be "invisible."

Harry Potter is still in the driver's seat, even if he doesn't know what "driving" really is.

^^ That would put me to sleep.
:ols:

That was my thought on it too. If I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping, I'll watch something online, but it's certainly not scientists talking about the pros/cons of being able to realistically use invisibility cloaks.

Would be tough if it was Braves Rangers World Series this year

I think SJU comes tomorrow. :paranoid:

Never ever would I want the Rangers to play the Braves in the World Series. I'd hate to have to cheer against the Braves, but that's what would happen.

Wooot SJU!!!!!! :drool:

Dear Baseball Jesus,

Thank you in advance for making your MLB debut against my Pittsburgh Pirates on June 8th. With ESPN's lips surgically attached to your posterior, I'm almost certain to get to see my team play for the first time this season, on national TV.

I'll be sure to have a date over, so that once we're done watching you get swashbuckled, I'll be able to enjoy some jolly rogering.

I sincerely do wish you the best in your major league career. But I'd be remiss if I didn't express my certain hope that June 8th is the worst day of your baseball life.

GO BUCS. WHY NOT US?

Braves first place

Congrats BS

Thanks! 20-8 in May. This team is ON FIRE!

Dear Baseball Jesus,

Thank you in advance for making your MLB debut against my Pittsburgh Pirates on June 8th. With ESPN's lips surgically attached to your posterior, I'm almost certain to get to see my team play for the first time this season, on national TV.

I'll be sure to have a date over, so that once we're done watching you get swashbuckled, I'll be able to enjoy some jolly rogering.

I sincerely do wish you the best in your major league career. But I'd be remiss if I didn't express my certain hope that June 8th is the worst day of your baseball life.

GO BUCS. WHY NOT US?

You watch the Pirates this weekend?:laugh:

I'm with you on the Strasburg thing though. Sick of all the hype surrounding this guy. I hope the Pirates realize that they are being disrespected, and light this guy up. Its very apparent that the Nationals are starting him against a club they feel he can have success against. That's bullentin board material-type stuff right there.

Archived