Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

God dammit, has the Gadsden flag been adopted by the pro-Trump crowd?  I've liked it ever since I learned about it when I was a kid and Metallica used it on the cover of the Black Album and their song Don't Tread on Me.  I just saw a cool tshirt with it but I don't want to get it if people are going to be like "****ing Trumper..."

I have it as my license plate, I dont care if I step out the car and people think I dont fit the profile.  It gives them too much power over history if I do.

Dude stole something from the Safeway I came out of a bit ago. It felt awkward because :

1.) It was near closing and I was dashing in and saw him chilling off in the side area, which I thought was strange, given the time (not like it was around noon, there was like 15 minutes left

2.) Guy at the register was eyeing him when I came up with my groceries at closing, but ultimately let him walk right out, "Because I didnt want to be an ass and rush to judgment" (cashier is white, and thief was black, and on top of it, looked like he came out of a time machine from an Xzibit/Knockturnal music video from like'02, with a du rag, jersey and bball shorts.

3.) This is Damascus, probably the whitest area I've ever lived in. That picture just felt like gasoline to every  big time stereotype there is. Can't imagine how that wouldve gone down during the daytime.

4.) Definitely not top flight security...In  fact, i'm not even sure they had any to speak of. 

5.) I hope that guy doesnt get fired, and becomes some alt right Falling Down looking ass dude, all "because of that one time I decided to think minorites werent evil!"

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dude stole something from the Safeway I came out of a bit ago. It felt awkward because :

1.) It was near closing and I was dashing in and saw him chilling off in the side area, which I thought was strange, given the time (not like it was around noon, there was like 15 minutes left

2.) Guy at the register was eyeing him when I came up with my groceries at closing, but ultimately let him walk right out, "Because I didnt want to be an ass and rush to judgment" (cashier is white, and thief was black, and on top of it, looked like he came out of a time machine from an Xzibit/Knockturnal music video from like'02, with a du rag, jersey and bball shorts.

3.) This is Damascus, probably the whitest area I've ever lived in. That picture just felt like gasoline to every  big time stereotype there is. Can't imagine how that wouldve gone down during the daytime.

4.) Definitely not top flight security...In  fact, i'm not even sure they had any to speak of. 

5.) I hope that guy doesnt get fired, and becomes some alt right Falling Down looking ass dude, all "because of that one time I decided to think minorites werent evil!"

The laws against shoplifting are very well defined in each state. In mine, the store employee MUST see the thief take the object and conceal it. But at that point that doesn’t mean anything-he could be holding it to pay for it later. THEN the suspect must leave the physical store-so there’s a potential for a parking lot confrontation. Third they must allow you to search their bag or person. If not, store owner must wait for law enforcement. Store owner can’t detain them either while they wait for law enforcement.

Store employees are trained to ask you a pointed question as you leave the store in hopes that you panic-drop the merch or allow yourself to be detained while police get there.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its a mistake to try to keep up with early 20 year olds when it comes to drinking.

Depends on your tolerance and experience.  If the kittens don't understand layers of a cake in their stomach, they'll be throwing up while your getting water to keep going. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You did right thing even if you had known they were stealing.  

I'm not a fan of shoplifting (at least not anymore, much older now), but I would never get in the middle of someone stealing food, let alone follow them alone into the parking lot.  You never know how bad they need it or want it, its not worth it.  

I used to work in a safeway, I caught a kid once in the act pocketing some candy and told them to put it back and let it go instead of screwing up their life.  But only as a non-employee have I seen people stuff meat in their clothes.  Two things, you can almost bet its either to feed somebody besides themselves or they are going to sell it for drugs, either case, you won't want it back more then they want to keep it.

Archived