Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

About a year ago I posted a miserable thread about how my ex left me. It was awful, I felt terrible and a bunch of people on here made me feel better. Thx, honorary hog btw and everyone else.

Today, a little over a year later I ran into her on my way to work. She's fat (wasn't before), still has terrible skin, and dresses awfully. Meanwhile, I've never been happier and met the woman of my dreams. Funny how life works. I guess it's bad that I feel good about seeing her looking terrible, but who cares.

I worked a Slick Rick concert last night, I was one of his personal security guards after he got off stage for his autograph session and getting him out to his car.

It was awesome.

Carry on.

Slick Rick needs security? :hysterical:

Seriously, that must've been pretty cool.

Slick Rick needs security? :hysterical:

You'd be surprised.

We're a small venue that's just getting the big acts here. We have a few booked now, Rick was our first. We only fit 300 people inside.

My guess is they'll be looking to move sooner rather than later to accomodate the large amounts of people that are going to start coming.

When he did his autograph session people were running on to the stage. I had 3 other security guys at the front of the stage while me and an armed guard were directly next to him. Caught a few people that somehow got around the other guys.

It was surreal.

Rick seems like a really good guy too. I heard he had a run in with the law, but he seems like he's really not that bad a guy, to be honest. Very thankful for everyone that came out.

Told us we had one of the best security staffs he's seen and he's been in large venues.

Damn it, what's wrong with being an elitist?

Everyone throws that word around these days like it's some kind of insult, that you don't want to be associated with. Elitist = graduated from a top class school. Elitist = better than you. How is this an insult?

You'd think being an elitist would be a compliment.

Damn it, what's wrong with being an elitist?

Everyone throws that word around these days like it's some kind of insult, that you don't want to be associated with. Elitist = graduated from a top class school. Elitist = better than you. How is this an insult?

You'd think being an elitist would be a compliment.

:laugh:

Where'd you happen to read that?

:laugh:

Where'd you happen to read that?

It was inspired by the Mac thread. People in there calling each other elitists. How is this an insult? I don't get it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/30/opinion/30jacoby.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

Elitist = a privileged, knowledgeable individual. That's a nice insult. Maybe it's just me but if you want to insult someone you call them a dum-dum or a fool, but not someone's who's smart. That makes no sense. "I don't like your attitude, you smart person!"

It was inspired by the Mac thread. People in there calling each other elitists. How is this an insult? I don't get it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/30/opinion/30jacoby.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

Elitist = a privileged, knowledgeable individual. That's a nice insult. Maybe it's just me but if you want to insult someone you call them a dum-dum or a fool, but not someone's who's smart. That makes no sense. "I don't like your attitude, you smart person!"

I know, I saw it there...I was just messing with you.

got a sore back today. cant get comfortable in this chair. might take an extra long lunch break to recalibrate myself.

really looking forward to the weekend. a lot going on aroudn town, working more on the record, etc. should be good.

You can do what LoD is doing and start going to non NFL local games.

He tailgates and the pics on facebook look like a ton of fun.

If I was somewhere with non NFL games around here I would :D

It looks like a hell of a time and I've checked for non-pro leagues down here and found nothing, sadly.

Archived