Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Red Sox typically fans are the complete opposite of Celtics and Pats fans.

Knowledgable and diehard throughout all those years of losing.

Fenway was never a ghost town like their NBA and NFL arenas.

Boston is a baseball town all the way, there's no doubt about it. I was really happy to see them win it all in 2004. I knew how much they'd suffered over the years, despite having some really good teams, and watching them get their hearts torn out the year before was hard to watch. 

They seem to feel a similar level of passion for the Bruins as well. 

The Celtics and Pats will always take a back seat. Now that the Pats are in decline, Gillette Stadium is going to look an awful lot like Foxboro in the early 90s, especially after Tom Brady retires/leaves down, in the next few year. 

Red Sox typically fans are the complete opposite of Celtics and Pats fans.

Knowledgable and diehard throughout all those years of losing.

Fenway was never a ghost town like their NBA and NFL arenas.

I don't know about the Garden or TD Garden being a ghost town when the Celtics had off seasons.  Of course attendance will be down most places when the team is playing horrible and the chance of making the post season is eliminated.  

On ESPN, it only goes back to 2000 for attendance, but last season the average home attendance at TD Garden was 97.2% capacity (they hold 18,624), back in 05-06 it was 90.7% and 06-07 it was 90.4%.  Now fans leaving early or people that have tickets and deciding not to show up, well yeah.

Your Lakers have been the more successful team in that rivalry, only missing the playoffs one time since 1994, so there is only the 04-05 season to go by and the Lakers were at 97.5% capacity.  Which is right on par with last years Celtics team.  

The Pats, well I remember seeing how empty their stadium was when they were on TV after the Bears whipped them silly in Super Bowl 20 until they became a powerhouse and consistently excellent football team under Belichick.  

Boston will always be a baseball town first but they love the Celtics up there.  Now the biggest joke of fans in the NFL are Panther fans, but with both you and I living in Charlotte, I don't have to elaborate on that lol 

That's what I meant, no coffee in the system when I posted 19-0 lol

Haha, I was just messing with you man. I have been to at least 20 Patriots games in Boston between Foxboro and Gillette.

Fans more smack talk than knowledge and sensibility.

Boston is a baseball town all the way, there's no doubt about it. I was really happy to see them win it all in 2004. I knew how much they'd suffered over the years, despite having some really good teams, and watching them get their hearts torn out the year before was hard to watch. 

They seem to feel a similar level of passion for the Bruins as well. 

The Celtics and Pats will always take a back seat. Now that the Pats are in decline, Gillette Stadium is going to look an awful lot like Foxboro in the early 90s, especially after Tom Brady retires/leaves down, in the next few year. 

Yes indeed they love the Bruins. I would say the line would be Sox, Bruins, Pats, Celtics. Which is crazy to me considering the Celtics history.

I didn't mind the Sox winning. They deserved it. I used to tease Sox fans saying that their grandparents hadn't even seen the Sox win. It was indeed their time and I was happy for the fans.

I don't know about the Garden or TD Garden being a ghost town when the Celtics had off seasons.  Of course attendance will be down most places when the team is playing horrible and the chance of making the post season is eliminated.  

Boston will always be a baseball town first but they love the Celtics up there.  Now the biggest joke of fans in the NFL are Panther fans, but with both you and I living in Charlotte, I don't have to elaborate on that lol 

I lived there from 1999-2004 Those numbers are great and all...the fans didn't go to the games. I never heard anyone even talking about them besides when I would talk to Peter Gammons.

Worst fans are in Atlanta. Of all of their sports teams. Panthers fans are mostly just goofy to me.

I still will never understand Panthers fans going to tailgate...then going to a bar to watch the game. That is completely absurd to me.

Umm...have a gameday party at someone's house. When I lived in DC, I would go to the game or watch the game at home.

I just went out to get gas in the ride.  On the way back some **** pulled out in front of me, not close enough to cause an accident, but enough to make me slow way down, which annoys me.  So it's 45 mph, she's doing like 30/35 mph and then I see why, stupid ass had her cell phone out taking selfies while she drove.

****ing idiot, I was hoping she'd drive off in the ditch or something minor like that, something to shock her into realizing how stupid she is without hurting anyone or herself.  People amaze me.

Was out all night and didn't bother checking the s ore of the game until I watched Sports Center. Missed half of the Nats ticker, then saw "First blown save"

Couldn't help but lol a little inside. No other town does choking and self defeating misery better. Lord help all those annoying ads Wizards fans talking shut to me at the office.

That team is destined for 50+ wins, a two seed, and a 4-3 exit in the first round. It's like observing a village in the Middle Ages. " Be careful there's a curse!"

The only curse is the curse of futility

I agree.

I don't like all these games so spread out. I prefer that all the games happen on Sunday afternoon with one marquee game. The Thursday night game and Monday night games are pretty much throwaway games to me.

I just want it back to the good ole days of 1 pm and 4 pm games on Sunday and then a Monday night game.

I rarely watch the Sunday night game anymore unless we are playing.  Hell most of the time, the wife and I are watching one of our shows.  

Might put it on to fall asleep to should none of our shows be on.  I'm up till midnight just about every night during the week, so it's not a matter of not being awake, the games just usually suck.  

Worst fans are in Atlanta. Of all of their sports teams.

You're dead to me. I was an avid Thrashers supporter, even had an older guy than me yelling about his season tix because he parked next to me & my blanket still stretches across my back seat...and I thought I had issues, LOL

I don't mind Sunday Night Football. Nice way to end the day. I used to love to take a nap after the Redskins game and wake up in time for the night game. It was a good way to segue into the week and squeeze a little more weekend out. 

Thursday Night Football, though, has always been pretty ridiculous to me. 

You're dead to me. I was an avid Thrashers supporter, even had an older guy than me yelling about his season tix because he parked next to me & my blanket still stretches across my back seat...and I thought I had issues, LOL

haha, Atlanta has lost 2 hockey teams.

You are in the minority. I lived there for 2 years...sad fans.

Eating chili dogs for lunch.  Wife asks me if I want mustard on it, so I say yes and to put the mustard on first, chili on top.  I get my dog with chili on it, then one line of mustard on the chili that's overflowing out of the bun.  GTFO with that.  Proper order of condiments on a hot dog is serious business.

That NYG game still has me sick of football. Wondering if I should even take off work tomorrow night.

Have family coming over tonight cuz my oldest sis is in town. Big get-together, but she's decided to bring five of her friends. She's notorious for bringing around weird hippies. Her boyfriends have been some of the most sketchy ****s I've ever met. Used to steal **** from me, blatantly. Bunch of drug users. Two people extremely close to her have died of heroine ODs. Because of her I don't trust hippies.

Edit: Check that, 7 hippies are comin' over.

I just want it back to the good ole days of 1 pm and 4 pm games on Sunday and then a Monday night game.

I rarely watch the Sunday night game anymore unless we are playing.  Hell most of the time, the wife and I are watching one of our shows.  

Might put it on to fall asleep to should none of our shows be on.  I'm up till midnight just about every night during the week, so it's not a matter of not being awake, the games just usually suck.

That would be just fine with me. Make the Monday night game something people can get interested in. All games 1:00 and 4:00 on Sunday and one marquee game Monday night. Make the Monday night a flex game after week 4 or so and that way you always get a game that people will want to watch.

This Thursday night, Sunday night, Monday night is another cash grab by the league and its dulling down the sport. One of the things that I like about the NFL is the fact that you have to wait for it. If there is a game just two days following the last game of the previous week it turns me off to watching it. There is no anticipation. They're doing it all wrong.

What an awful football weekend, all of the NFC east teams plus Andy Luck won and the Skins are going to get stomped.

Fmylife

Yep, pretty bummed right now as far as football. Getting crushed in most of my fantasy leagues too :(

Go Os!

Archived