Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

It's more than just a song, at least to me. To each his own. And I don't think that chanting whatever you want to chant during it means that you don't love your country. I do think it's disrespectful though.

I have not met one service man or woman that thinks it is just a song. Not saying they are not out there, but out of the many that I have come in contact with, including family members, it is more than a song.

I do think it's disrespectful though.

Why? Soldiers don't fight for the honor of the STB. They fight to up-hold the ideals of this nation. Which include free-speech. I know I'm not going to change your mind on the matter, and vice versa, but if there's one thing I've learned in my time on this earth, it's "let it go". You can't let the harmless actions of others put you in a foul mood or ruin your enjoyment of the game.

Why? Soldiers don't fight for the honor of the STB. They fight to up-hold the ideals of this nation. Which include free-speech. I know I'm not going to change your mind on the matter, and vice versa, but if there's one thing I've learned in my time on this earth, it's "let it go". You can't let the harmless actions of others put you in a foul mood or ruin your enjoyment of the game.

:ols:

There's nothing to let go of. I'm not in a foul mood, or sitting up at night thinking about it, or anything like that. Like I said in the first post I quoted, I'm all for free speech and whatnot, and I'm not going to go all "Angry guy" through the stands, telling people to shut up, even though I might want them to. That's their right. I just think it's disresepctful. The discussion was brought up in the Stadium, and I made an observation and posted my thought on it in here.

We have got to come up for a universal spelling for sice/psyce/cice/syce/.

I vote for sice/siced. About to add to my Firefox dictionary right now. :D

dawg, this chick on the gogo board spells it "cise." drives me friggin' bonkers :ols

Say you're downtown, border between good and bad neighborhoods buy firmly on the good side. You're just sitting in your car waiting on a call to pick up somebody. And say right next to your car, slightly behind you on the sidewalk is a man sleeping, probably, slumped over in an electric wheelchair. Not too clean looking, older dude, probably nodding out from dope. But you're not 100% sure. People are walking by him paying him no mind. What would you do? Cause that's the position I find myself in this very moment.

Say you're downtown, border between good and bad neighborhoods buy firmly on the good side. You're just sitting in your car waiting on a call to pick up somebody. And say right next to your car, slightly behind you on the sidewalk is a man sleeping, probably, slumped over in an electric wheelchair. Not too clean looking, older dude, probably nodding out from dope. But you're not 100% sure. People are walking by him paying him no mind. What would you do? Cause that's the position I find myself in this very moment.

Ignore him. You're not thinking of going up to him are you?

Ignore him. You're not thinking of going up to him are you?

Already did and got him taken care of. Me and some random dude walking his dog. Started raining so I got out trying to wake him. Dude with dog joined in. Got him up, nodded back out, got him up again, groaned some sounds, and then start rolling his wheelchair. Was going same direction as dude with dog is going so he said he'd just walk with him for awhile. That was like ten minutes ago.

Already did and got him taken care of. Me and some random dude walking his dog. Started raining so I got out trying to wake him. Dude with dog joined in. Got him up, nodded back out, got him up again, groaned some sounds, and then start rolling his wheelchair. Was going same direction as dude with dog is going so he said he'd just walk with him for awhile. That was like ten minutes ago.

You're kinder than I am. Out in public I barely even register things that confuse me any more. It's literally, that's weird, potential danger? move along.

You're kinder than I am. Out in public I barely even register things that confuse me any more. It's literally, that's weird, potential danger? move along.

LOL, still sitting here I see this cop pu up next to me, hit his lights and speed up a block. Ten minutes later here comes the firetruck and ambulance. Walked down nd just got back, sure enough, it's old dude. Said he's only 56 but good God. And he told them he's got diabetes but I'm pretty sure he was nodding off from heroin.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 10:17 PM ----------

But yeah I shot the **** with the cop for a little while the paramedics checked him out. He refused to go to the hospital and seem to be way more awake. They just let him roll off down the street

LOL, still sitting here I see this cop pu up next to me, hit his lights and speed up a block. Ten minutes later here comes the firetruck and ambulance. Walked down nd just got back, sure enough, it's old dude. Said he's only 56 but good God. And he told them he's got diabetes but I'm pretty sure he was nodding off from heroin.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 10:17 PM ----------

But yeah I shot the **** with the cop for a little while the paramedics checked him out. He refused to go to the hospital and seem to be way more awake. They just let him roll off down the street

There's no helping some people.

Kind of a ****ty attitude. I grew up in a small town and used to be open to helping strangers but now I'm desensitized and defensive. Deep down, I think I've always been a misanthrope.

Never watched Pretty Woman, but concept of the movie sounds so stupid.

---------- Post added December-7th-2012 at 11:30 PM ----------

You mean that nasty ass beef/chicken sandwich that you were talking about over the summer? That thing looked awful.

Don't judge a book by its cover. Nothing better then a McGangBang when you are drunk. Also, a 10 topping pizza from Domino's when drunk is absolutely amazing.

From now on, you are Saint GAC to me....

Archived