Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it very much.

[/quote

No problem dude. After I messed my knee up about a year and a half ago, and ate my ass off during recovery, losing just 20 pounds was difficult for me.

I already vary my runs, a lot. Did 11.6 miles of mountain climbing tonight. My next run, Tuesday, probably, will be short speed work.

I probably won't become a hardcore weightlifter though. I'd like to do some toning, and some core work (which helps with running) but I don't really want to build. My motivation to run is the 5K races in my area. It really doesn't benefit me to add weight, even if it's good weight.

I do need to vary things some though. Work the total package, so to speak

Yeah that sounds good. I'd also suggest boxing/sparring (which I admittedly haven't done in awhile) jumping rope, swimming, spinning, high intensity elliptical, etc.

You obviously know what you're doing, but if you hit a plateau, doing any of the above (if you haven't already done it) should make the weight fly off and help you lose that difficult last 10-15 pounds without a hitch.

You guys have never seen this car ? He showed it off on cribs a few years back, along with a G-wagon, and another Benz.
I don't care to see it. All I know is any guy caught driving a Beetle should immediately hand in their man card.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 01:50 AM ----------

:applause: Way to be, h_h.
Hey man, I thought of you last night. They had a couple of diners from Akron on Food Feuds last night. One was called "Swenson's". I forget what the other was called. Anyway, the host was trying to determine which diner had the best double cheeseburger. Just wondering if you had been to either place.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 01:53 AM ----------

you seriously care way too much about this forum and twitter
I seriously don't know how anyone can be on the board during the game. I could never do that.

The ones that only repeat what others say. The followers. The ones that can't form their own opinion.

It has nothing to do with this thread at all. Sincerely just a random thought.

Gotcha

I saw your post in the Boxing thread about knowing some hand to hand combat/mixed martial arts. All I know how to do is box, but I've always wanted to learn the really serious ****, like parrying, applying certain holds,sweeping counter moves, knife fighting, etc. As you say, I've always been entranced by the "art" of fighting, and the mindset/discipline that goes a long with it. I'd also like to get in some weapons training

I've actually thought about signing up for this class that teaches you stuff similar to that. It's run by Sammy Franco (you've probably heard of him)

Do you know any CQC?

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 02:04 AM ----------

I don't care to see it. All I know is any guy caught driving a Beetle should immediately hand in their man card.

Smart car, and it aint close...

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/fox-pushes-english-soccer-alongside-nfl-2011-09-15

Soccer viewership, especially for European and international matches, has been rising dramatically in recent years, making it one of the fastest-growing televised sports in the United States. Read about soccer’s explosive growth.

It’s a trend that’s gathered pace. With the English Premier League season just four games old, Fox is reporting booming audiences, and says ratings for the early-season EPL games on Fox Soccer among the coveted 18- to 34-year old demographic are up 76% from a year earlier. Fox Soccer has seen its ratings record broken twice in the past six months, most recently when 954,000 people watched the United States play Mexico in June’s Gold Cup final.

“A few years ago games on Fox Soccer had between 50,000 and 70,000 viewers; now it’s more like 100,000,” said Stephen Master, vice president of Nielsen Sports. “And they haven’t been doing this for too long — it takes time to build these names up and really build their brand among casual soccer fans.”

Hannah Storm has a very nice outfit on today on SC. The older I get, the more I am attracted to older women. I just like the way that they carry themselves. Pus, 40+ women today aren't the same as they were 20-30 years ago obviously. They look a lot sexier today.

I'm sure that's the same reason why women my age are attracted to older men.

[/color]I seriously don't know how anyone can be on the board during the game. I could never do that.

The main reason I signed up for this board was to chat, after the Washington Post Redskins gameday chats got shut down or something.

Chat legend ixcuincle with his play by play since 2006

The main reason why I joined was to post questions on Larry Michael/Bram Weinstein's radio show back in '06. I had visited this site for the previous two years, and never felt the urge to sign up until then. I actually didn't even start to post that much here until '07-'08, and didn't even start visiting the Tailgate with regularity until '09-'10...

I used to think place was boring as hell before I actually clicked on the forum. I remember back in '08 when it was chock full of political threads, and since I'm fed up with politics in general, I stayed away

I seriously don't know how anyone can be on the board during the game. I could never do that.

I don't either. So many knee jerk reactions on here whether for good plays or bad, it's just really annoying. I honestly think this whole forum should shut down until at least 3 hours after every game so people can compose themselves and think, "should i really post that thread about Grossman being the best Redskins QB since 19xx after only one game?"

Nevermind the fact I'm way too much into the game.

Hey man, I thought of you last night. They had a couple of diners from Akron on Food Feuds last night. One was called "Swenson's". I forget what the other was called. Anyway, the host was trying to determine which diner had the best double cheeseburger. Just wondering if you had been to either place.

Sure have. Swensons is legendary around here, and in fact I've already professed my love for it on ES.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?334272-The-best-burger-chain-you-ve-probably-never-even-heard-of......&p=7839676&viewfull=1#post7839676

Archived