Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kudos to Albright, Clark, and Prioleau...

TheSchwartz

Evidently they have enrolled in the NFL's Business Management and Entrepreneurial Program which is held at 4 of the top Business Schools in the Country.

NFL players enroll in four top business schools

Always good to see players preparing themselves for life after football. Albright is headed to Harvard, Clark to Stanford, and Prioleau to Northwestern...

props to the NFL to provide this service, and for those players to take advantage of it.

I am against this though, only cause there are probably more academically qualified people to go to schools like that, and instead these athletes are going.

props to the NFL to provide this service, and for those players to take advantage of it.

I am against this though, only cause there are probably more academically qualified people to go to schools like that, and instead these athletes are going.

Well, I like the idea and I support it. To me, athletes going to schools like these should not be a problem since it is for something academic. They go to schools like these when they do not have the grades to play football. :doh: One could argue that you are trying to have your cake and eat it too when you say there are more qualified people in this instance, but not when they are playing. :2cents:

That is cool.

I know this has nothing to do with the Redskins or football, but does anyone remember when Vince Carter went back to school to finish his degree after he was drafted into the NBA?

I always have respect for players that do stuff like that, even though they really don't have to.

The NFL started this program because many ex-players said they had not thought about life after football. It's a great way to give these guys the education to be able to make sound business decisions on their own. Many players have joined this program and many more should- I know I would definitely have enrolled in one of those schools if I could receive admission. Unfortuantely, I'm limited by my GMAT and the stringent standards it takes to get into one of those schools.

And it probably could also work out for the schools. They are taking in guys who already have some money and educating them to run a business afterwards. If nothing else, at least they might learn how to invest their money wisely, which could lead to donations to the respective school's endowment fund in the future.

The NFL set up a "mini-MBA" program for interested players to learn the basics of finance and investing. These guys are not taking anyone's seats for this.

The players get exposure to the top professors from the top schools and in return, they're on the alumni donor list to give back to the schools. It's a good deal for everyone invovled.

Uh they aren't actually enrolling in graduate school and taking seats away from qualified candidates. Theses are 3-4 day symposiums/workshops that introduce the athletes to important business concepts...

It's an NFL sponsored program that is hosted by the Universities and takes advantage of the school's resources, but they are in no way "crashing" real graduate programs...

I go to Northwestern University actually.

This will be sweet.

I get a chance to chill w/ Ryan Clark and Sam Madison among others while getting a chance to make fun of Laroi Glover, because he is a cowboy and he's fat.

But seriously, what should i tell Ryan Clark... Should i try to convince him to stay in Washington? Should i recruit anyone else? Kennison, Parker, etc.

Archived