Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News or CNN?

darrell1106

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

CSPAN and Fox

To be honest the other networks don't "interest" me as much. I like many of the features that are on Cavuto's show, I'll listen to an O'Rielly rant, and I like the beltway boys a lot

Russert is by far the best of the Sunday crew

CNN hasn't interested me in years, and that is because their programming is non interesting for the most part

My favorite, Niel Cavuto

MSNBC mostly, because my buddy works for them and does a lot of the live shots. I like the Keith Olbermann show. I like the way he presents the news, although a lot of it comes off of fark.com! I like that Kramer guy who does Mad Money. He is Lewis Black crazy. Booyah! MSNBC can try new things because the are trying to grab ratings. I wish my cable system put Current nearer to the regular channels so I would remember to watch it more.

I watch CNN sometimes. None of the shows really interest me. Whenever any channel starts discussing the latest missing white girl, I change the channel. That is NOT national news. Nancy Grace makes me want to throw up, as does Rita Cosby's voice.

FoxNews is always good for a laugh. I got there to find out what talking points to debunk. This graphic pretty much sums it up.

fauxNewsThumb.gif

As for getting my "real" news, I have a bunch of RSS feeds from the major news outlets like NYT, WP, Reuters, AP, etc. Actually, a really good source is the Christian Science Monitor. The "blogometer" from the National Review is a good rundown of what the bloggers are talking about.

I have to go with BBC World. I love my nation to death BUT there are other news that is very intersting going in the world that does not involve the US, I would love to hear about it.Cnn will rarely do this and Fox NEVER EVER does this.

Fox Prime Time is not news but news anaylisis.

I say if you dont need Peter King to tell you how to think on the Hall of Fame

then you dont need Bill Orelly or Sean Hannity to tell you how to anaylise world events

BBC is the best as far as going in depth for foreign news.Fox looks for a conspiracy under every rock.But its on in all my travels to military bases and conflicts.Funny thing few actually watch it.

CNBC/MSNBC are very good also.I like the shows from Europe and the middle East.But CNN international is miles better than the domestic version.

Fox is a joke. I think Bang said it best in another thread when he stated that if a news channel pushes a moral agenda, in this case a conservative one, then it's parent channel should not be doing everything in its power to go against that moral agenda. Aside from that blatant hypocrisy, it's by far the most biased of the news channels. I'll admit that CNN is liberally biased; but it's not even close to how conservatively biased Fox is. It borders on propaganda.

That said, I like MSNBC. Seems to be the most fair and unbiased.

I trust fox news is a sensationalist piece of crap. Every single one of their shows is crap. I have to admit though the O'reily factor will give u good insight as to how the right thinks.

No it doesn't. O'Reilly is an arrogant, blowhard *******, and while that might lead you to believe he's right-wing ( ;):D ), he's actually fairly liberal in his beliefs.

No it doesn't. O'Reilly is an arrogant, blowhard *******, and while that might lead you to believe he's right-wing ( ;):D ), he's actually fairly liberal in his beliefs.

Agreed on the arrogant blowhard part... but I don't buy the fairly liberal part.

O'Reilly likes to claim he's a moderate because he's against the death penalty... he's always quick to point that out.

But I've read two of his books and seen his show... he's as conservative as they come. :2cents:

Agreed on the arrogant blowhard part... but I don't buy the fairly liberal part.

O'Reilly likes to claim he's a moderate because he's against the death penalty... he's always quick to point that out.

But I've read two of his books and seen his show... he's as conservative as they come.

Define conservative

Wow folks. So far these are great responses. I've been curious as to what networks people tend to lean towards when needing a "news fix" for the day. I agree with many of you that multiple sources are probably better, even if its an online newspaper like wsj.com or washingtonpost.com to balance out the "social agendas" each network pursues.

I must add, as a few of you have noticed, international news within the borders of the U.S. is almost non-existent. It's absolutely amazing to learn what all is going on throughout the rest of the world once you tune into BBC or CNN international.

Hence, as was our downfall during 9/11 maybe our downfall as the leader of all nation states; IGNORANCE:2cents:

They are the reason I got rid of my expanded Cable. Bye bye Fox, CNN, MSNBC and all. THe only show I really watched anyway was Scarborough Country. Now it's just the local network news like Fox5 10 o'clock or BBC World news on PBS. I have found much more time for my wife and me.:D

The way things were? Like the good ole' days?

I've been trying to figure out when the good ole' days were.

Me too...

But you've been an ES member since '00, so you should know. Lord knows we all hear enough about how great this board used to be :silly:

Archived