Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Explain the news in 100 words or less. Volume II

PleaseBlitz

It is currently contracted out to an English company.

A company owned by the government of the UAE wants to renew the contract.

If we allow it, we are idiots who are allowing Arab governments to police our borders.

If we don't allow it, we are racist pigs (after all we let the English do it) and they riot some more.

It is currently contracted out to an English company.

A company owned by the government of the UAE wants to renew the contract.

Zoony, I heard that a company in the UAE wants to Buy the English company, that has the contract. So are we trying to block the sale or is the US telling them that thier contract will be cancelled if the sale occurs? Seems to me the later.

Zoony, I heard that a company in the UAE wants to Buy the English company, that has the contract. So are we trying to block the sale or is the US telling them that thier contract will be cancelled if the sale occurs? Seems to me the later.

You are probably right... I was recaping what I heard from Brian Williams last night... and I was probably not paying perfect attention.

But I got the jist of it I think... Bush is bad. ;)

False story. Port security is the domain of the coast guard. The company in question will be in charge of hiring the crane operators and long shoremen, which will continue to be mostly Americans.

This company performs the same duties for ports all over the world.

While I admit my first reaction was WTF? The more I hear the more it seems to be much ado about nothing.

That's a relieif that the Coast Guard is still in Charge!! I only caught part of the story, but WTF, if this country has terrorist ties, didn't Bush say once that any country that harbors terrorists or supports them will be our enemy? I guess except these guys. I'm lost.

Archived