Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How'd you guys do?

TexasEagle

Honest opinions. Was it as close as the score says or closer? I see that Gardner and Davis pretty much made your offense from the stats. That about right? Did the Cards secondary suck as badly as it looked in the highlights?

The Eagles? Looked super sharp to start the first half. Positively man-handled the Titans. WRs catching balls. The running game (such as it was :rolleyes:) was rolling. Was exactly the type of performance they needed. Then, the second half... It was 2001 all over again. Up and down. Completely gave away the second half of that game and we deserved to lose it. Absolutely pathetic performance. Play calling went back to Vanilla short pass routes. And our D. Holy Christ our D sucked to high hell today. The secondary, still good. The rest. Pathetic. Totally anemic. Ugh.

I think our Monday Nighter is going to be a battle! If the Birds play like they did the first half today for a full game... will be great.

So far... the Skins top the division with a game to go. And I don't see the Cowboys losing. I hate them, but they're not bad enough to lose to the Texans.

Gona be a LONG week to Monday. Later!

I was only listening on the radio, and catching the halftime highlights.

Our defense played pretty poorly, but the game was not as close as the score. Our kicker got hurt very early on in the game, and after that, the Cardinals were continuously getting the ball at midfield (Wuerffel kicked off towards the end of the game, how scary is that). On top of that, one of their 2 TDs came after the Matthews INT that was returned to our 8 yard line.

Offense, good, once we got settled down. Kicker, scary. Defense, not as horrible as some upset people might think, but not good, not even close to what they should have done.

Oh yeah. David Boston is a beast.

The game was not as close as the score indicates. Conways kicks were so poor thatthe Cards always had the ball at LEAST on the 35 or better after kickoffs. The ONLY time they had bad field position off a kick was when Barker punted. If not for this serious lapse in kicking by Conway, the score would have been more like 31-17...at least IMO.

The other thing is the amount of penalties against the 'Skins and lack thereof against the Cards...the radio announcers got repeatedly agitated at the lack of calls against the Cards..mainly holding and pass interference on Boston who seemed to be manhandling the DB's.

Uh no. the game should not have been that close. But thanks to the most pathetic display of kicking off witnessed in memory, the Cards usual starting position was the 35 to 40. The cards would make a 1st down or two and kick a field goal (3 field goals.)

the skins couldn't kickoff past the 20. Heck Weurffel was given the chance to see if he could out kick conway.

The one commentator said it looked like the cardinals were playing on an arena football field while the skins played a NFL football field becuase of the field position.

Cards got a Td on a fluke INT (bounced off a OL helmet and a DT intercepted it, giveing the cards a 1st and 10 around the 20 or so.

And Champ's fumble recovery for a TD WAS a fumble recovery. Spurrier just didn't get the challenge in quick enough (before the cards punted).

Originally posted by Air Sarge

Better than your guys:D See ya Monday night.

:rolleyes:

To the rest of you: How did your line hold up? Stable, solid, enough to get the W? Frankly, and this is very disappointing, a good blitz ripped right through the Eagles like they were toilet paper. If we played teams that blitzed like we do week in and week out, we'd get slaughtered big time.

I see you guys are lacking in the ST department. Giants have that same problem. Think it might cost you a game down the line? I know it's gonna cost the Giants a couple. They're well below average at Kicker and Punter.

And what was up with the D? Just a bad outing or what?

Actually, our Punter looked great today. Conway is fine when he's healthy, but apparently, he's not healthy.

As far as blitzing, I dont know what to tell you. Apparently we got NO pressure on Jake the Snake today, so I'm not sure why anything would be different next week, unless M. Lewis realizes lining Arrington up at DE is a stupid idea.

Sorry dude, couldn't help myself. The line looked passable. The inside held up better than I thought it would, but then again, it was the Cardinals. The real test will come next week against you all. One good thing; you all won't have 30 yard kickoffs to help next week, our "kicker" is gone. I feel sorry for you guys ( Well, actually I don't) for losing a game like that were you just collapsed in the second half. That's how it's been here for the last ten years.

TE,

We gave up one sack in 40 passes. Matthews was hit perhaps five other times. In all, a very solid game for the line pass protecting, and run blocking. Our defense really didn't struggle. It didn't dominate either though. We only gave up like 257 yards and Plummer could only manage 14 completions. Our offense put them on the 10 for one score and our kicking game on kickoffs gave them position at the 40 or better most of the time. It was HORRIBLE.

We pretty thoroughly controlled them offensively and our defense was good enough, but is still coming together. The game wasn't as close as the score, no.

Archived