Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Met Gary Clark last night....

AKM311

I met him at the Sweet Water tavern. We were talking about Santana Moss and he said he's spoke to him a few times this past year. Said the team is looking good. He said Moss and Springs were talking about Koren Robinson recently, so maybe the organization is targeting him.

He is definitley a class act and will always be a Redskin!

Koren Robinson in a skins uni would surprise me.

This guys had MAJOR run-ins with the coaching staffs and the law ever since college ball back at NCSU. He's known as a prima donna and baby.

When he came into the league, he had almost as much physical potential as Randy Moss. After a very productive second season he's spent the rest of his career in the crapper due mostly to a 10-cent head.

His talent is intriguing but I'd worry about his reliability. We need consistency at the #2 WR spot and that's something he has yet to show in 5 seasons. He'd be a major roll of the dice. Not sure if he fits.

I think Koren may be an acceptable risk...if the price is right.

The problem is, however, he's a RFA...so the Vikings can match any offer the Skins cobble together. It's my guess that they will, considering:

1. They have more cap room than the Skins do

2. Nate Burleson et. al. did SQUAT last year, so there's no security in their current WR corps that would lead them to let Koren go...IMHO.

. He'd be a major roll of the dice.

Considering we could get all-pro talent for what might approach a vet minimum salary, I'd say it is a minor roll of the dice.

The guy is talented, there is no getting around that. He showed the league last year that he is serious about playing football and getting himself back together.

Could he fall off the boat? Of course. But I would leave it up to our personnel guys to make that call after they've had a chance to talk to him and assess his situation. They've done a good job with those things so far. :)

So I wouldn't characterize it as a 'major' roll of the dice. Not even close

Considering we could get all-pro talent for what might approach a vet minimum salary, I'd say it is a minor roll of the dice.

The guy is talented, there is no getting around that. He showed the league last year that he is serious about playing football and getting himself back together.

Could he fall off the boat? Of course. But I would leave it up to our personnel guys to make that call after they've had a chance to talk to him and assess his situation. They've done a good job with those things so far. :)

So I wouldn't characterize it as a 'major' roll of the dice. Not even close

It's a major roll of the dice in a couple of ways:

We'd be gambling on a character who can't seem to stay off of the police blodder or out of the coach's doghouse. Gibbs is hoping that this Sean Taylor circus is the last of the off-field drama. With Robinson, you run a major risk that it won't be. Worse even is that there is a pattern with KR so you can't plead ignorance if something goes down. Taylor didn't show any signs of being a knucklehead in college.

We'd also need to give him a legit chance to be the number 2 WR or we run an even greater risk of him being a malcontent. That means forgoing another more dependable player such as a Kevin Curtis or Brandon Lloyd. That's a risk. Even if we get him for the minimum (which is a pipe dream) he's still keeping someone else off the roster.

Risk isn't just about the money. :)

what happens if the vikings match the skins offer but koren wants to go to DC, does the player have any say what happens?

As far as I know, he is not a rfa so that's not relevent.

If he were, he has NOTHING to do with where he's going, other than asking his old team not to match. (Coles situation a couples of years ago)

Archived