Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blackberry Phones

CandaceM23

So I've used the T-Mobile Sidekick II for quite a while ... and figured that it's more of a 'fun' phone than a 'practical' phone.

At a meeting last week, I made friends with a Blackberry Channel Account Manager and she sent over a Blackberry 7105.

I've never had any hands on experience with a Blackberry before ... and I've been playing with this thing all afternoon. I'm pretty amazed at the technology and the broad range of crap that I can do on this phone.

Do any of you guys have a Blackberry? Do you like it or dislike it?

I have a Treo and love it. It's sort of like Blackberry's competitor. It's sort of on the bulky side but for everything it does it's worth putting up with a little extra size/weight. If you are somebody who like to be connected all the time then this is the way to go.

Agreed. I've got a Treo 650--it's good.

I think the next generation are going to be great...but for now these phones work well.

I have a Treo, it rocks.

Dont get a blackberry, they are going to be forced out of business. I dont know the whole story, but apparantly they stole some intellectual property that was patented in order to create these things.

I'll look up the article i read, i believe it was in the Economist? Any lawyers know what im babbling about?

EDIT: Here ya go: http://www.economist.com/opinion/displaystory.cfm?story_id=5300835

I have a blackberry and while I enjoy its functionality and the ability to essentially be working whenever, wherever (because god knows who doesn't want to be working 24 hours a day), I find it's ergonomically obnoxious. First of all, I could hold my wallet up to my ear and have it feel more comfortable than that blackberry. And secondly, I'm just not a fan of the screen and the interface - it's kinda old school.

But yeah, I'd go with a Treo - those things are sweet.

I have a Treo, it rocks.

Dont get a blackberry, they are going to be forced out of business. I dont know the whole story, but apparantly they stole some intellectual property that was patented in order to create these things.

I'll look up the article i read, i believe it was in the Economist? Any lawyers know what im babbling about?

EDIT: Here ya go: http://www.economist.com/opinion/displaystory.cfm?story_id=5300835

I was just at a conference/Key Retailer meeting ... and I asked about this. The answer that I got was something along the lines of Blackberry services won't be cut off ... and if they do lose the lawsuit, they already have a system in place where things would be fixed - but it would be an inconvenience to customers.

I'd get a Treo --- but Tmobile doesn't have access to them ... and I'm not paying an arm and a leg for an unlocked phone. T-Mobile has iPAQ phones and those are pretty sweet ... but you guys are right - Treo's are awesome.

Meh. All that stuff is bogus, IMO. A phone is a phone. A phone with a camera is a phone. A phone with a camera, video camera, sound recorder, and MP3 compatability is still bordering on being a phone. A Blackberry isn't a phone.

Of course, I must quantify this by saying I HATE text messaging. Nothing in world pisses me off more than text messaging. It's a phone, for Christ sakes, not a ****ing Tomagotchi.

Right now I'm saving up to get the PEBL. That phone is heinous.

Meh. All that stuff is bogus, IMO. A phone is a phone. A phone with a camera is a phone. A phone with a camera, video camera, sound recorder, and MP3 compatability is still bordering on being a phone. A Blackberry isn't a phone.

Of course, I must quantify this by saying I HATE text messaging. Nothing in world pisses me off more than text messaging. It's a phone, for Christ sakes, not a ****ing Tomagotchi.

I text message all the time...

So why are you saving up for it if it sucks??

Agreed.

I see these guys walking around the airports with the bluetooth and the blackberry and the satellite dish strapped to their head. At some point it becomes a little bit obnoxious. :2cents:

Archived