Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about Charles Rogers?

GibbsWins05

What do you guys think about ataining his services?? I know he's been troubled and has yet to perform, but at 6'4" and 220 pounds he fits what were looking for and he would obviously be cheap to acquire. You can question what production he may give us but given a new chance and a change of scenery I believe this guy has all the tools to explode. Let me show you some of his stats from this past season:

14 reception for 197 yards 14.1 average 1 TD 3 catches of over 20 yards and 11 first downs on his 14 catches all of this in only 3 starts. I don't know how to find the target % that people find but heres a quick blurb from a website i go to:

Charles has displayed all the physical gifts one could ask for in a receiver, from his freakish jumping ability to his rare combination of size and speed.

Again remember this is all for what will obviously be a cheap contract for the chance at hitting the bullseye with this guy much as we did with Santana. What do you think???:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I think he is worth a look, I mean he has done more than Taylor Jacobs and we kept on giving him a few more shots. Charles Rogers is this years David Terrell, if he gets released however I think Martz is salivating at this WR corps and will keep Rogers for one more go around.

Yeah it was partially touched on not discussed at all really. Don't bother posting if you're not going to add anything of use to the topic of the discussion.

I don't think he'd be a good fit. He has injury concerns and we someone dependable and durable. I mean our pass game went to hell after patten went down. We need the threat of a 3rd option to keep teams honest on Santana and Chris.

Like I said a low budget chance on a guy who could potentially explode. How does he not fit?? He's exactly what everyone's been talking about going after. The only downside is his history with injuries. If he can shore that up with out trainers IE Springs and Moss as was stated earlier we have ourselves a real diamond in the rough.:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :point2sky

no way...he's the football version of Kwame Brown, who also wanted a change of scenery. you either perform or you don't and I don't think he's done anything in Detroit other than help that organization go down the tubes (thanks to Matt Millen and scrubs like Rogers).

no second chances for him here.

no way...he's the football version of Kwame Brown, who also wanted a change of scenery. you either perform or you don't and I don't think he's done anything in Detroit other than help that organization go down the tubes (thanks to Matt Millen and scrubs like Rogers).

no second chances for him here.

He's been productive enough to gain 1st downs when he actually plays. Its like I said, it all comes down to the right contract and he staying on the field. I feel he's worth the shot.

Yeah it was partially touched on not discussed at all really. Don't bother posting if you're not going to add anything of use to the topic of the discussion.

Ok I 'll add something useful...why not just post this point in the other thread since it was already touched on there and doesn't really warrant a new thread....but whatever carry on. :D

Ok I 'll add something useful...why not just post this point in the other thread since it was already touched on there and doesn't really warrant a new thread....but whatever carry on. :D

That would eliminate the purpose of that persons thread. He wasn't inquiring about Rogers there for it wouldn't have fit into the conversation. I wanted to get some thoughts about what others think about something that I think so I gave it a thread and others have responded. Its my right to do so so stop whinning.

You know, my first reaction to a guy like Charles Rogers is "man, what a waste..."

It would be great to have him find himself as a Redskin, but at this stage in the game, and seeing his questionable track record (effort, indiscretions, and injuries), I think I'd have an almost equal shot at winning the $365 mil Powerball drawing.

What do you guys think about ataining his services?? I know he's been troubled and has yet to perform, but at 6'4" and 220 pounds he fits what were looking for and he would obviously be cheap to acquire. You can question what production he may give us but given a new chance and a change of scenery I believe this guy has all the tools to explode. Let me show you some of his stats from this past season:

14 reception for 197 yards 14.1 average 1 TD 3 catches of over 20 yards and 11 first downs on his 14 catches all of this in only 3 starts. I don't know how to find the target % that people find but heres a quick blurb from a website i go to:

Charles has displayed all the physical gifts one could ask for in a receiver, from his freakish jumping ability to his rare combination of size and speed.

Again remember this is all for what will obviously be a cheap contract for the chance at hitting the bullseye with this guy much as we did with Santana. What do you think???:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Charles Rogers was suspended for steroids...Thats why he has freakish jumping ability. I wouldnt be terribly dissapointed if we got him, but I would wanna sign or draft another reciever to go with him.

Archived