Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

News on Abraham, Randel El and ermm Glover ?

bedlamVR

Glover wouldn't command big bucks. He won't be cheap but he won't break the bank either. I'd love to have him to rotate with, backup and play alongside Griffin in long yardage downs. Just think about how downright average our DL looked without Griffin in the lineup and you should see the value in bringing in a guy like Glover if it can be done at a reasonable cost.

You guys with the anti ex-cowpukes bias kill me. The question is do you want to see the Skins get better or do you just not want guys that ever played for our rival? 9 times out of 10 I choose the former.

Glover wouldn't command big bucks. He won't be cheap but he won't break the bank either. I'd love to have him to rotate with, backup and play alongside Griffin in long yardage downs. Just think about how downright average our DL looked without Griffin in the lineup and you should see the value in bringing in a guy like Glover if it can be done at a reasonable cost.

You guys with the anti ex-cowpukes bias kill me. The question is do you want to see the Skins get better or do you just not want guys that ever played for our rival? 9 times out of 10 I choose the former.

I agree, our line was fine when the DT's were healthy, but when one or both were out they were very suspect. A quality guy for rotation would be great. Not sure that Glover is the right guy for that, as he will most likely command a reasonably high salary and probably will want to be a full time starter, but I would take him under the right circumstances. I do think we need to get another vet here though, much like the O-line situation.

Randle El? No thanks. Good role player but we don't need a guy like him, especially at the salary most likely involved.

Abraham? Would be nice, but it's too much money for it to be a good value to the team. I'd pass on him.

i agree with this post 100%.

Guy plays only two years in Dallas, and you don't want to touch him?

Hey, some of the guys we have are Cowboy cast offs...

Jason

I really don't understand why ex-boys are taboo? the game is also a business, they dont choose who they want to play for in most occasions. Once you put on the b&g you are a redskin no matter what team you played for in the past you are a redskin. :2cents:

We should be fine with what we currently have at DT. Griffen and Salavae are both excellent players. We may get Noble back, and we have young talent in Boschetti. Glover would be a waste of $ because he wouldn't be a large part of the rotation. Abraham will command way too much money to be worth it. He is sub-par against the run, has a bad attitude, and is going to cost a ton of cash. On the line we most likely will have to develop what we already have. Evans is gonna be a good player. Clemons, has uber-potential, he just need to learn the poosition a bit more. Boschetti will turn out to be solid as well.

At WR, I like Randel El, but I couldn't justify paying him what many people say he is going to get. True he is an excellent return man, and has game breaking ability, but do we need another tiny WR? WE already have Moss and Patten, both very little guys with speed. I think we need a big #2, a guy to move the chains not get people out of their seats.

In conclusion I would pass on all three.

Abraham, and Glover I would add in a heartbeat...A DE like Abraham would bring this D over the top and have us at #1 consistently...Adding Glover to the DT rotation would be great he would be our Jumpy Geathers our DT on passing downs, besides w/him next to Griffen on passing Downs they would both wind up w/10 sacks!

Too much fantasy football!

Each of these players would command too much cap space, and all are over their prime, except for Randall El. RE is not really a good #2 WR. He is far more valuable for his versatility and ability to play several positions. But to get him, we would have to overpay to get him.

Let Gibbs find diamonds in the rough, and polish them up. A couple solid starters from the second and third rounds would be enough, plus a second round choice for Ramsey would be all we need. The draft will give us a DL, OL depth and maybe a WR. Remember we signed a decent #2 receiver last year, who happened to get injured early. We never really saw what he could do for us.

:2cents:

We should be fine with what we currently have at DT. Griffen and Salavae are both excellent players. We may get Noble back, and we have young talent in Boschetti. Glover would be a waste of $ because he wouldn't be a large part of the rotation. Abraham will command way too much money to be worth it. He is sub-par against the run, has a bad attitude, and is going to cost a ton of cash. On the line we most likely will have to develop what we already have. Evans is gonna be a good player. Clemons, has uber-potential, he just need to learn the poosition a bit more. Boschetti will turn out to be solid as well.

At WR, I like Randel El, but I couldn't justify paying him what many people say he is going to get. True he is an excellent return man, and has game breaking ability, but do we need another tiny WR? WE already have Moss and Patten, both very little guys with speed. I think we need a big #2, a guy to move the chains not get people out of their seats.

In conclusion I would pass on all three.

I'm not comfortable with our rotation at DT. I'm comfortable with the two starters, but behind that we are very thin. That losing stretch in the middle of the season is a prime illustration of that. Noble is not coming back, at least most certainly not this year. He's been extremely sick from the staff infection, reportedly having lost over 50 pounds and his legs are withered to sticks. I feel for the guy, but he's not a part of the plan as a player anymore. I do agree that Glover might be a waste of money. We can probably get better value elsewhere, but this position does need to be addressed. Draft might be the best place to address it.

Archived