Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offical Redskins Countdown To The Opening Day!!!!

Sean Taylor #21

Guys. Listen. I dont think you understand the concept of a million. I mean, that is a LOT of posts.

Look at it this way: This thread has been active for roughly 3 hours. In that time it has accumulated 100 posts. That is about 33 posts an hour. But because I'm nice (and not very good at math), I'll give you 50 posts an hour.

Now, there are approximately 5,208 hours between now and opening day (7 months x 31 days x 24 hours). Again, I will be nice and give you a conservative estimate of 6,000 hours.

So, we have 50 posts x 6,000 hours. That gives us a grand total of: 300,000 posts.

That is less than 1/3 of of your goal. That is a pretty big gap. I'll put it this way: Your goal is like Art Monk's career reception total. A realistic estimate is like Michael Westbrook's career reception total. That is, Westbrook had 1/3 as many receptions as Monk. Now do you see why 1,000,000 is probably unattainable?

In answer to an earlier question, I think 500,000 would be a more attainable, though still quite difficult goal. You would really have to get that post rate up to reach that total. If I were you, I might shoot for an easier 250,000. 250,000 would still be quite an impressive feat, and one that wouldn't recquire a miracle to be acheived.

EDIT: I like the idea of 190,000 for 19-0 !!

Guys. Listen. I dont think you understand the concept of a million. I mean, that is a LOT of posts.

Look at it this way: This thread has been active for roughly 3 hours. In that time it has accumulated 100 posts. That is about 33 posts an hour. But because I'm nice (and not very good at math), I'll give you 50 posts an hour.

Now, there are approximately 5,208 hours between now and opening day (7 months x 31 days x 24 hours). Again, I will be nice and give you a conservative estimate of 6,000 hours.

So, we have 50 posts x 6,000 hours. That gives us a grand total of: 300,000 posts.

That is less than 1/3 of of your goal. That is a pretty big gap. I'll put it this way: Your goal is like Art Monk's career reception total. A realistic estimate is like Michael Westbrook's career reception total. That is, Westbrook had 1/3 as many receptions as Monk. Now do you see why 1,000,000 is probably unattainable?

In answer to an earlier question, I think 500,000 would be a more attainable, though still quite difficult goal. You would really have to get that post rate up to reach that total. If I were you, I might shoot for an easier 250,000. 250,000 would still be quite an impressive featm, and one that wouldn't recquire a miracle to be acheived.

Then I guess we have to get going right?

Guys. Listen. There is just no way we can get a million posts. Please read the conservative mathematical estimate above ^^^.

I am not being a pessimest here. Let my record show that I am as optimistic as anybody on this board. Heck, I still had us in the playoffs at 5-6 last year (http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129890).

I am just being realistic. 1,000,000 posts is NOT MATHEMATICALLY POSSIBLE. I am very sure of this.

Guys. Listen. There is just no way we can get a million posts. Please read the conservative mathematical estimate above ^^^.

I am not being a pessimest here. Let my record show that I am as optimistic as anybody on this board. Heck, I still had us in the playoffs at 5-6 last year (http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129890).

I am just being realistic. 1,000,000 posts is NOT MATHEMATICALLY POSSIBLE. I am very sure of this.

We will have to prove you wrong.

In answer to an earlier question, I think 500,000 would be a more attainable, though still quite difficult goal. You would really have to get that post rate up to reach that total. If I were you, I might shoot for an easier 250,000. 250,000 would still be quite an impressive feat, and one that wouldn't recquire a miracle to be acheived.

EDIT: I like the idea of 190,000 for 19-0 !!

I am not being a pessimest here. Let my record show that I am as optimistic as anybody on this board. Heck, I still had us in the playoffs at 5-6 last year (http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/...d.php?t=129890).

Archived