Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why not trade Ramsey to Lions

md20j

Ramsey might flourish in Martz's offensive scheme... for no other reason than he sends a ton of people out in patterns and asks his QB to sling the ball to whomever is open.

I'm not sure Ramsey for Williams is a fair trade. The reports of Williams having an attitude, unable to pick up the offense, and struggling to get open aren't necessarily the things I want to hear in a receiver we're about to acquire via trade.

Finally, I think nothing will be decided until Gibbs/Saunders evaluate the progress of Campbell in the OTAs and mini-camps. If he looks like he's got a grasp of the offense and has the potential to challenge for the starting job.... than the FO might decide Ramsey should be traded for the most they can get for him..... and let Ramsey go challenge for a starting job somewhere else. If not... he stays and Ramsey/Brunell compete for the starting job and Campbell gets another year of seasoning.

They need a quarterback, right? At least one to push for the starting job. Why not trade Ramsey for Mike Williams? Is that his name... #11?

Mike Williams is #88, while Roy Williams is #11.

I can guarantee you that we will not get Roy Williams for Patrick Ramsey alone. But if Det. offered him I wouldn't say no. Mike Williams is a bum and Ramsey is to much for him.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

They need a quarterback, right? At least one to push for the starting job. Why not trade Ramsey for Mike Williams? Is that his name... #11?

a couple of reasons

williams is just going into his second season. they might part with rogers, but not with williams

they already have money tied up in harrington and haven't decided about him :dj:

First, nothing is going to happen until after the CBA is done. I also don't think the Skins can wait until after OTAs and minicamp before trading Ramsey (if that's what they plan to do). A team acquiring a new qb needs to have him in THEIR OTAs and minicamps to learn their offense. The later you go the lower the trade value is - unless someone has a injury in camp or preseason and is deperate. Also you need the trade before the draft - since unlike you fantasy football guys - we're most likely to be able to get a pick not a player we want.

ummmmmmm they have a qb by the name of joey harrington, they spent a first round pick ( I believe third overall) on him. They arent quite ready to give up on him...ENOUGH RAMSEY PROPOSALS, we dont know sheeeeeeeit.

Although I dont believe the trade will happen, I completely disagree with your opinion of Joey. He wont be around much longer, no matter what pick they took him with.

not sure i agree onthat... harrington is accused of lacking heart--something ramsey never took heat for :dj: :dj:

Where is Joey Harrington accused of lacking heart? Please add a link. He was the local quarterback here in Oregon and was amazing..not the best talent but he ALWAYS had a desire to win and had heart. Go Ducks! Go Skins' :point2sky

Where is Joey Harrington accused of lacking heart? Please add a link. He was the local quarterback here in Oregon and was amazing..not the best talent but he ALWAYS had a desire to win and had heart. Go Ducks! Go Skins' :point2sky

It's nice that you're an Oregon fan and all, but Harrington has been accused of this by many media sources. Ramsey is a better quarterback, and the only reason Harrington has played so many more games is because each front office took very different philosophies towards each player's development. The Lions threw Harrington into the starting position and he didn't deserve it, Ramsey had to fight for it.

Joey Harrington > Patrick Ramsey.

In my opinion, Harrington is probably the worst starting calibur QB in the NFL... and yes I believe that Ramsey is a starting calibur QB. He needs the to be in the right situation and have the full backing of an organization who .

Also whomever labeled Mike Williams as a bum should give the kid at least 3 seasons before doing so.

Mike Williams is #88, while Roy Williams is #11.

I can guarantee you that we will not get Roy Williams for Patrick Ramsey alone. But if Det. offered him I wouldn't say no. Mike Williams is a bum and Ramsey is to much for him.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Mike Williams is not a bum. If we could make that trade--we wont be able to--I would do it in a second. He played in fourteen games last season and he was a backup in ten of those games and he ended up with 350 yards. If he's the starter, he has at least 700 yards, and if Detroit doesn't have the 27th ranked offense and a horrible line/QB/Running game, there's no telling what types of numbers he would have put up. Mike Williams is a GREAT player. You're not a bum if you have 1300 yards in 13 games AS A FRESHMAN IN COLLEGE! Lions management probably knows this, so there's no way this trade happens.

Archived