Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ty Law?

GOSKINS_08

Sure if he is willing to play for the league minimum for vets. :doh: But I doubt it. But adding an affordable corner should be on our "To Do" list for this off season because Springs will not last forever and if someone gets injured we are pretty much in hot water. :2cents:

People people people, before we decide anything would be a great idea, where are we going to get the money for this??? Hell if I could control it I would shift Springs to SS and sign Law to play corner for us, but oh wait were 20 million over the cap and have more glaring needs issues elsewhere. Doing this is imposible if not impractical.

Turn off the xbox or PS2...you been playing too much madden. We dont need corners and we dont have money.

We need a couple young, cheap, somewhat experienced corners. No Ty Law or Nate Clements money pits, but some young servicable, somewhat experienced db's willing to learn from the master. ( I forget the coaches name we just signed incharge of db's.... a little help guys?!)

I'm just confused at why the jets would cut him unless it's due to cap reasons. Even so they NEED a guy like that on their defense. If they are going to get back to the top they NEED a strong veteran in their secondary like our shawn springs. Stupid for them to let him go. If they can restructure pennington's salary they should do their best to keep Law.

We pretty much CANT get him and dont need to, as expressed countless times before my post.

He's gonna want too much money. He's not going to want to compete with Springs or Rogers for playing time. Law is a primadonna who couldn't get along with the Patriots. I'm not sure we really want him.

He's an aging/expensive CB with an attitude problem and is an injury risk on top of that.

No....were not weak at Cornerback obviously. The only reason people want to draft a cornerback is for depth after Shawn Springs retires.

More like depth right now. Rogers had one good year, Springs is getting older (look at the drop off in production, it's coming people), and walt harris is, well, walt Harris. After that it's a freakin wasteland. :)

I'm feelin Law, he's still got some good years in him left. If he gets slow, we can just move him to safety or just in general move him around in the secondary. Williams is probably familiar with him, having coached against the pats a couple years back.

Archived