Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Brunell Journal Update

REDMAN7

Enjoying Doing Nothing

02/10/06

Our off-season is in full swing and I have to say I’m doing whole lot of nothing. I’m not traveling. I’m just trying to catch up with my family. I’ve got four kids who range in age from 4 to 13 so it’s nice to be home and get involved in the kids activities again. I spend a lot of time in our Suburban driving them places.

As far as what’s happening with the Redskins, we added a new offensive coordinator, Al Saunders, which is probably the biggest news. I know a lot about his track record from watching the Kansas City Chiefs and I know about the production his offenses have had, all of that speaks for itself. I think over the last five years they’ve been in the top five offenses in the league. They score points, they move the ball, they win games. So I’m looking forward to getting to know him and working with him. Our quarterbacks coach Bill Musgrave also left, and I’ll miss him. We actually played against each other in college and over the years we’ve become friends, but there’s always change in this business so I wish him a lot of success.

For our team, the last couple of years have been a process. Each year we take a step further and there’s still another step to take. I’m confident that we have the ability and our guys will continue to work real hard and have a good attitude, and if we can stay healthy, we have as good of a shot as anyone else.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=19883&section=journal

I hope he keeps doing nothing. Retire old man, retire. 2 years of bringing the Skins down is enough.

I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't for the flaming of Mark. If you have a problem with him then make your own thread about it. Mark threw for over 3,000 yards, 24 TD's and only 10 INT's. So if you think he's the reason we weren't in the super bowl, keep kidding yourself.

I hope he keeps doing nothing. Retire old man, retire. 2 years of bringing the Skins down is enough.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!

Dislike him all you want, be bitter for 2004, hell, wish every night he doesnt start 2006 our QB.

But dont ever take away the hell of a 2005 Mark Brunell gave this organization. He deserves as much praise as anyone on the team.

I'm pretty sure this thread wasn't for the flaming of Mark. If you have a problem with him then make your own thread about it. Mark threw for over 3,000 yards, 24 TD's and only 10 INT's. So if you think he's the reason we weren't in the super bowl, keep kidding yourself.

ARGH!!! don't encourage him to create ANOTHER stupid it's marks fault thread...NOOOOOO!!!

Other then that..you are correct sir. This year was stupendous. Mark did awesome until he dinged his knee up, then he did just enough to help us win.

Mark should start...he earned it.

I would say one year and part of that was a new coaching staff. MB was an above average QB last year and played well up until the Eagle game. I believe the course of a hard, long season, coupled with his injury in the Giants game took its toll on Mark. It's amazing how people bash this guy as he appears to be a very selfless guy!

Did you know Brunell has started the 2nd most playoffs games without ever reaching a Super Bowl? He's like the Schottenheimer of QBs...

It's not the point of whether Brunell should be the starter, or Ramsey, or Campbell, some verteran not on the team yet, or a little green man from Mars.

Whether Brunell should be the starter or not is irrelevant. The point is here, in this thread, is he deserves respect, and not the despicable treatment many of the "geniuses" on this board lay on him cause they don't want him to QB the team next season.

You don't want Brunell to be the starter next year, that's fine. that's your opinion (and when I say "you", I don't mean you schwartz, I mean the Brunell haters in general).

But at least show the man some respect. The man who went through a lot last year, enduring a lot of stress and pain on his body to deliver us a 3000+ yard, 24TD, 10INT performance. The guy who had a great comeback after a terrible 2004 season.

Whether or not he will be the guy to lead us to Super Bowl glory I don't know. But he doesn't deserve the shabby treatment these anonymous "geniuses" give him on this board :doh:

Did you know Brunell has started the 2nd most playoffs games without ever reaching a Super Bowl? He's like the Schottenheimer of QBs...

That's about the dumbest thing I've seen posted. All that means is that the guy is extremely durable. All but about 70-something QB's have never reached a Superbowl - in the history of the league! Brunell at least got to a conference championship. He's only the 2nd QB to get this team to the playoffs since 1992.

HEY! You guys, lay off of SoCal, and please get a sense of humor. Obviously, this was a joke and SoCal is waiting for the right moment to give us the punchline.

Right Socal? This is gonna be funny.

I mean, thats it right Socal?

Your gonna give us the punchline for your joke.

Socal?

That was joke right? :doh:

I would say one year and part of that was a new coaching staff. MB was an above average QB last year and played well up until the Eagle game. I believe the course of a hard, long season, coupled with his injury in the Giants game took its toll on Mark. It's amazing how people bash this guy as he appears to be a very selfless guy!
Amen to that. A great guy who played really well last year, after everyone bashed Gibbs for putting him in. I hope he sticks around in the organization, even after he retires.

I'm like the only Brunnell fan on ES, this is crazy all the hate he gets around the metro area. He's taking us to the Bowl next year so yall should just get use to it.

Take solace. Most people on here seem to like Mark fine and think he played a great season last year until he got banged up. Most of us, to the best I can tell, also see parts of his game/points in the season that were inconsistent to poor for him, but he still, objectively, had a very good year.

There's only a small handful who always bash him, but they do it frequently and persistently so it seems like a lot of hate. They usually have a passionate man-love for Ramsey as part of the package.

I have no prob criticizing Mark, or Gibbs, or anyone else , when I think its accurate. In this case I trust the coaches to start the guy who looks best between Jason & Mark and they're in the position to make the call.

However, my personal prediction will be that Mark starts, Jason will be #2, a p/u will be #3, and when (or if) Mark winds down, Jason will step in. As much as the "splitting the season" scenario bothers some, I'd be fine with it and expect Gibbs would be too. It's hardly a new experience for him, or many other teams, and it doesn't automatically lead to lesser results by any means.

In addition, the real brunell haters on the board remind me of those few, but inevitable, relatives at the family reunion who are always embarrasingly stupid and unpleasant and make you uncomfortable (among other things) that they have any relation to you and the others.

Thanks for your part in the most enjoyable season in a decade, Mark, and helping our team get back to the post-season.

I hope you get a great rest and have fun with your family and come back ready and wanting to go! :cheers:

Archived