Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dow Over 11000

Redskins Diehard

• 4 weeks later...
You long DJIA futures?

No, I've just moved alot of "safe" money into some aggressive stocks. Everyone should take a look right now. And ask this question-

Didnt you spend all of 1998 bashing yourself in the head for not maxing out in the market in 1994?

Well, today is 1998 again.

No, I've just moved alot of "safe" money into some aggressive stocks. Everyone should take a look right now. And ask this question-

Didnt you spend all of 1998 bashing yourself in the head for not maxing out in the market in 1994?

I have moved some safe money back into stocks as well. Unfortunately I just became a first time home buyer in Nova and my liquid assets are kind of dried up.

I hope you're right and this isn't Winter of 2000. :)

I'd write uncovered calls in GM. No way those guys are going to recover.

Kilmer, have you ever thought about investing in a real estate private equity LP?

I hope you're right and this isn't Winter of 2000. :)

I'd write uncovered calls in GM. No way those guys are going to recover.

Kilmer, have you ever thought about investing in a real estate private equity LP?

I think Uncle Sam will bail them out eventually, with massive cuts to union bennies and pensions. But the up side is that they will probably force them to improve fuel standards and invest in new technology. I've put money in hybrid technology offshoots (ie, companies that make products FOR companies making the hybrids)

As for any real estate, I'd just rather purchase it myself. rather than a REIT. One here in Manatee lost it's ass because of poor management and fraud.

I think Uncle Sam will bail them out eventually, with massive cuts to union bennies and pensions. But the up side is that they will probably force them to improve fuel standards and invest in new technology. I've put money in hybrid technology offshoots (ie, companies that make products FOR companies making the hybrids)

As for any real estate, I'd just rather purchase it myself. rather than a REIT. One here in Manatee lost it's ass because of poor management and fraud.

You mean like in a Long Term Capital kinda way? Yeah that could happen if they continue to founder. The WSJ had an article about thier marketing--and it was both hilarious and indicative of why they've been having so many problems. They had a Mexican style ad showing the Alamo in Miami--I mean how does a marketing manager no realize that that ad should be pulled? Bad, bad management. In respect to the alternative fuels, GM has a plan in place, which they've been flouting for a few years that they are going to make a cost-effective hydro-electric car within the next four years. Whether that happens remains to be seen.

Given your saavy in the real estate market, you should consider some private equity funds, not REITs necessarily, that after you've done your due diligence could perform pretty well for you. There's a lot right with private equity when done right.

Archived