Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nada... Close, please

timdaley73

Do you do wills?

No, but another lawyer does here (and by NO means was I trying to advocate or solicit our services in any way). Having heard about some of the horror stories where someone dies with either a problematic will or with no will and there are assets...it definitely can damage some families--even ones you wouldn't think would be susceptible.

If you have a relatively simple asset structure (relatively few or no trusts, houses, brokerage accounts, other assets), it can be relatively painless to set up--and its usually worth it.

Obviously each person has to decide what makes sense for his own needs.

I know you're not soliciting, S... didn't mean to imply it.

I don't have a will, but I don't have much money, either. :D But my assets are growing as I get older, and I ought to get something down on paper.

But I'd rather not hunt a lawyer out of the yellow pages is all. ;) How much could I expect to pay?

And is there a diff b/w a 'living will' and a will in general?

I know you're not soliciting, S... didn't mean to imply it.

I don't have a will, but I don't have much money, either. :D But my assets are growing as I get older, and I ought to get something down on paper.

But I'd rather not hunt a lawyer out of the yellow pages is all. ;) How much could I expect to pay?

I believe that a living will is just a reference to a will of someone who is living--and the document itself is living to the extent that it can still be revoked or amended by the person doing it.

I have no idea on what fees are like, but I'd be happy to ask our Trust & Estates lawyer if he can recommend someone down in your neck of the woods--you shouldn't expect to pay more than $5K (?) for a full will--and you and your wife should each get your own (but that may vary in practice and legally from state to state).

If you have any other questions, let me know...:)

***Never mind just saw IHearts post***

I beleive a "Living Will" is a will where you state if you want to be put on a ventilator or any other means to keep you alive, instead of making your loved ones make that decision while you are incapacitated, where as a will in general states who gets what when you die.

Hey guys....Don't make fun of 6 fingers. I was born with 6 fingers on each hand. They weren't as defined as Alfonseca's, but they had blood vessels and nerves, no bones. It's actually pretty common, and it is the dominant trait in humans. Mine were taken off at birth by tying stitching thread around them, and they fell off. I now have these tiny bumps that look like little warts on my pinkies were they used to be. I actually met a girl the other week (sister of a girl i got in a date auction her at Tech for a fundraiser) who also had 6 fingers.

cue the deliverence music j/k. that movie was filmed in.........NC :laugh:

Archived