Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami at Florida today at 5pm on CBS.

Tommy-the-Greek

If SOS was going to nab a Gator receiver, he would have grabbed Gafney this year instead of Ramsey, then pushed for Grossman next year. I don't think we'll be going after Jacobs, but who knows. I just hope we beat UM which will put me in the proper frame of mind for the Skins game tomorrow. :D

One category we have plenty of at WR currently is size. Between Gardner, McCants, Thompson and Doering, the average height of those guys is 6'3 1/2", and 205-210 lbs. And three of those guys have above average to excellent speed.

Where we might be lacking is in the area of a smallish or average sized WR (and in today's day and age, 6' is only average size at best) who's quick with good hands, and can get underneath coverage on crossing routes and occasionally beat guys deep on hitch and go patterns down the middle of the field. I remain in doubt as to whether Green or Lockett are sufficient for us in that regard.

What was Spurrier's record at the swamp? They just said he only lossed 5 times in 12 years at the swamp. How many wins?

That Miami kicker has a hell of a leg. He just kicked a 57 yd. field goal and that would have made it from 65.

Kellen Winslow Jr. is going to be one hell of a TE. 6-5 235 19 yrs. old. He will probably fill out to 255+

I have no particular allegiance to UF, catdaddy, although my interest level in a game like today's has increased in proportion to the increase in knowledge about their program over the last 6-8 months.

However, why root for the 'Canes, who are the Dallas Cowboys of college football?

true, i have digested a lot of information on the spurrier era ever since he signed with us, but that still by no means makes me a fan of them back then or now into the future.

come on, they aren't the cowboy's of college football. cowboy's wish they had this much talent and attitude. i just fell in love with the attitude that surrounds miami football. take no s@#*. bad-***, tough-***, arrogance. all of that. makes for great football to watch and gets you fired up. i just like their determined, defiant personality.

Originally posted by redman

However, why root for the 'Canes, who are the Dallas Cowboys of college football?

Now that's funny..:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I figured it would be 55+wins 5 losses. That is impressive. A gatorskin here has to know the exact number. I want to see if it is a 92%+ winning percentage.

It has to be over 90%

There is, of course, a potential future Redskin in just about any college football game. (With the possible exception of Duke games).

This is a really enjoyable game. Reverse osmosis must be setting in from our Gator brethren (none of whom I assume are around right now) -- I'm rootin' hard for em.

I would sure like the Grossman talk to come to an end and focus on other more important topics this season, like how to keep an offensive line healthy for 16+ games. Perhaps it would be worth while to wait until the season is over before proclaiming the positions in need of upgrading.

Grossman may have been flustered by Miami's defense. But, I'm not impressed at all. He made a lot of poor throws from what I saw.

Could it be that this is another Gator QB that SOS made look better than he actually was? I'm not trying to bait any of you Gator fans, but the guy playing QB for Florida tonight looked very subpar. When was the last time you Gator fans saw such an impotent passing game?

From what I saw of the game he did not look all that impressive at all. I wonder if as the season goes and if Florida looks average and the Redskins are winning (hopefully :) ) it makes Spurrier look even more like a genius.

Also, if Grossman looks average under another coach maybe we can pick him up in a later round when he comes out. Hopefully Ramsey develops enough that it won't matter.

The Gators pretty much got destroyed on the line of scrimmage. They put absolutely no pressure on Dorsey and Grossman got hit on nearly every pass. I think the only pressure we got in UM's backfield was from a blade of grass that tripped both their RB and Dorsey on consecutive plays late in the game. Give that blade of grass a game ball.

Grossman is one hell of a QB. I wouldn't knock him because of a game where his team was seriously manhandled. It is sickening to see a team rush 4 or 5 and get two guys in your QB's face almost every play. Miami is just a damn good team.

As for those people who want the Skins to draft him ... I think it would be a waste of a pick due to Ramsey. Ramsey has a cannon and just needs reps to learn the offense.

Archived