Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ever got emotional about an NFL game?

Sherlock Holmes

My first time watching the Buffalo Superbowl today. wow, what a machine art monk was....no wonder my dad idealises him....he said that the only time he ever choked up during an NFL game was when they overturned Monks TD that never was in that game.

Im sure all of you have seen that game, and saw what an incredile reciever Monk was (obviously not just in that game)...but dont you think considering that Monk got his first foot in, and the defensive back made contact with him, that it should have been ruled a TD? He even got his heel of his second foot down.

Obviously this will have been posted before about monks td catch...but have you ever got emotional about a skins game? My dad said that that was the only thing he ever got real angry about, the fact that he never saw Monk catch a td in a superbowl.

This will probably a popular reply, but the first Dallas game this past season on Monday Night Football. I was watching it in my dorm while talking to my brother and some friends on IM about it, saying stuff like "oh great, another great season with Brunell....in Madden there should be a button you hit where Brunell fumbles instantly instead of passes or something." Then jokingly I said "here we go, big comeback led by Brunell, you watch :laugh: " and all of a sudden a lightning strike to Moss and I couldn't believe it. After the second TD though I just about died- started yelling and clapping, woke up my roommate who was sleeping and he was like "what the hell" and I just told him "We're gonna beat Dallas!! Oh my God!" and he just gave me this look like "I-don't-care-shut-the-hell-up" (he's a Bucs/Colts fan). And after that huge Sean Taylor hit on Crayton, I just lost it.

This will probably a popular reply, but the first Dallas game this past season on Monday Night Football. I was watching it in my dorm while talking to my brother and some friends on IM about it, saying stuff like "oh great, another great season with Brunell....in Madden there should be a button you hit where Brunell fumbles instantly instead of passes or something." Then jokingly I said "here we go, big comeback led by Brunell, you watch :laugh: " and all of a sudden a lightning strike to Moss and I couldn't believe it. After the second TD though I just about died- started yelling and clapping, woke up my roommate who was sleeping and he was like "what the hell" and I just told him "We're gonna beat Dallas!! Oh my God!" and he just gave me this look like "I-don't-care-shut-the-hell-up" (he's a Bucs/Colts fan). And after that huge Sean Taylor hit on Crayton, I just lost it.

lol i suppose that would have to be my one as well, but when taylor snapped it up in the philly game and i knew we were in the playoffs (this game was aired here) i went mental!

Yeah same here. My best friend who happens to be a die hard Cowgirls fan had already called me to talk trash. This was after the first Moss/Brunell strike. My friend was out at a bar. He thought the game was over and left to go home. By the time he got home the 'Skins were up by one.

I was in my apartment watching and as soon as Taylor put that hit on Crayton I was screaming like a maniac and my friend wouldn't answer his phone. I was tempted to drive over to his house and give him sh*t about it.

I'm sure I pissed my neighbors off that night.

lol i suppose that would have to be my one as well, but when taylor snapped it up in the philly game and i knew we were in the playoffs (this game was aired here) i went mental!

Yeah...that last game against Philly...when ST scooped up the loose ball and took it to the house to seal the deal...I was screaming "OH MY GOD!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!" and dancing around the living room with my wife..."F*** DALLAS!!! Bye, bye, DallASS!!! We're going to the playoffs...going to the P-LAY-OFFS!!!"

:cheers:

Yeah...that last game against Philly...when ST scooped up the loose ball and took it to the house to seal the deal...I was screaming "OH MY GOD!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!" and dancing around the living room with my wife..."F*** DALLAS!!! Bye, bye, DallASS!!! We're going to the playoffs...going to the P-LAY-OFFS!!!"

:cheers:

I loved the fact that Dallas lost at home to St Louis as well later that night...classic.

Emotional? Hmmm.... In all honesty, I still have not emotionally recovered from the 1974 Thanksgiving Day game when that frikin' Clint Longley torched us to win the game and the 1975 game against the Air Coryell Cardinals when Mel Gray was credited with a last second game tying TD catch when he CLEARLY did not catch the ball! The Cardiac Cards won in OT and went on to the playoffs while we stayed home. (Damn, I'm getting p'sed right now thinking about it!).

When we came back like we did against the Cowboys in the first game this year, my first thought was "maybe that'll take the sting out of the Clint Longley game for a while."

I think Tarhog had a clip of that non Mel Gray catch somewhere on this site. If you haven't seen it, take a look at it and tell me what you think (If I can dig it up, I'll edit a link here).

[Edit] This takes you to the post from Tarhog. Scroll down until you see "The Phantom Catch:"

Mel Gray Non Catch post

Hail,

H

The Dallas game was crazy. I was at home(had to work the next day) and I was watching it in bed. After the first TD, I was happy we werent going to be shut out. After the second TD, I froze for awhile cause I thought I was dreaming. When I realized that I wasnt dreaming I almost started celebrating, but stopped myself because I remember the miracle comebacks Dallas does against us. When the clock hit 0, I jumped so high I touched my ceiling which is pretty high and I was yelling so loud I woke up my neighbors. I couldnt sleep and almost got to work late.

]']i cried AFTER the green bay game the year before last... we got cheated SO bad

Ouch, I had forgotten about that one. That was a freakin rollercoaster ride (what else is new). I actually went to that game and left early (I wouldn't usually do this but we had some of the obstructed view seats and there were Packers fans everywhere. I was like, hell, if I'm going to watch this on a TV anyways I might as well be at home. Those seats suck.)

Outside of Superbowl XVII - which was the highest high I've ever felt for an NFL game - two games come to mind - one was the Giants game when Theismann went down. I knew his career was over and felt crushed for about a week (even though we won that game). The other was a Cowboys-Redskins game (you guys will have to help me narrow this one down). The game was back and forth and the Skins (led by Theismann) were driving at the end to tie or win. I remember Theismann got us into field goal range on the last play then turned to the refs to call timeout (player had to call the timeouts on the field). There was an official next to him who didn't respond. The clock wound down to zero - I felt like skinning my cat (projecting him as the ref). Theismann was jumping up and down pleading for the timeout. I still struggle with that memory.

for me, it was last years loss in Dallas(04). After that last second TD i completely lost it. year after year it was the same stoyr, we'd have the game and then would lose it on some fluke play. i was so angry i completely trashed my room after that.

the miracle win this year was something though. i had preety much given up on us and was debating on whether or not to turn the tv off and go to sleep. thank goodness i didnt. me and my dad had to celebrate quietly cause everyone else was asleep. it was a great experience

Archived