Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alexander suits up, screws Portis?

Peregrine

Alexander may have earned "his spot" on the roster, but that doesn't explain why he turned out to be such a jerk. If you know you can't play and that someone else who didn't make the regular roster will make it and play then you are the biggest jerk for suiting up, period.

I'm not gonna say anything about his season because you can't deny what he was able to accomplish this year. Nor am I upset because his move kept Portis out, cause he would have said no anyways. But somewhere there was someone who had a good year that wanted to play in the probowl even as an alternate and Alexander shouldn't have had the right to do what he did

So, our league MVP is injured, and cannot play in the pro-bowl(or wont). The natural thing to do would be to bow out and let them replace you with the alternate, in this case our beloved CP. But no, he suits up anyway, and just doesnt play? Why do they have alternates then? I mean its bad enough Dunn made it.

Anyone else have a problem with that or is that just me?

That really upset me seeing him walking the sideline not even playing while portis could be out there

The Pro Bowl is popularity contest, which is why Vick made it and not Brunell.

As far as Clinton/Alexander: #26 said after the pro bowl voting was done that he would not go as an alternate -- that he "is nobody's backup." I think even if the NFL called and begged Clinton to play, he would have told them to EAD.

Guest sith lord
The Pro Bowl is popularity contest, which is why Vick made it and not Brunell.

As far as Clinton/Alexander: #26 said after the pro bowl voting was done that he would not go as an alternate -- that he "is nobody's backup." I think even if the NFL called and begged Clinton to play, he would have told them to EAD.

If I was Portis, I would say the samething.

Dude, he only had 4 sacks this year and 6 last year. He should have made the Pro Bowl last year though because he was a run stuffing beast. I think he ended up with something sick like 90 tackles last year. This season was kinda mediocre for him as he missed a few games and played injured a little. There were a lot more deserving DT's than Griffin this year.

The skins were 0-4 I believe when grinn did not play. 11-3 WITH HIM. He is a huge difference maker.

The guy fro Pittsburgh had 2 sacksthe whole year. They came in the superbowl.

yo honestly, what the **** was Dunn doing in the Pro Bowl and not Portis?

Dunn had what, 1100 yards, and THREE, THREE ****ing TDs?

smh

Warrick Dunn - 1416 yds 3 Td's

Clinton Portis - 1516 11 Td's

make sense? dont think so. the pro bowl is a joke...Sean Salisbury whined all year and said that dunn should be in the pro bowl week after week, and thats why he got voted in. hes a good player, but should not have been in the pro bowl, especially over portis, whose team had much better stats and was on a winning team.

So, our league MVP is injured, and cannot play in the pro-bowl(or wont). The natural thing to do would be to bow out and let them replace you with the alternate, in this case our beloved CP. But no, he suits up anyway, and just doesnt play? Why do they have alternates then? I mean its bad enough Dunn made it.

I was thinking that the entire time and was actually going to post this same question. NOt to harp on Warrick Dunn b/c he had a great year, but he finshed below CP in yards and TD's this year. And the whole time I was realizing how much of a "me" person Alexander is. After the whole rushing title thing last year, and then this year, he gets to remain on the pro-bowl team even thought he is hurt. He was hiding his injury to remain on the team, in other words he's looking at the bigger picture and trying to pad his stats for future HOF consideration. IT is total BS, Portis was the fourth leading rusher in the entire NFL, 3rd in the NFC behind Alexander and Barber. But Alexander gets a free pass to Hawaii?

I've tried to give Alexander the benefit of the doubt over the last couple years, but that big smile of his does nothing for me anyomore, no matter how "politically correct" his interviews are. I hope we crush him next year. What a joke this Pro-bowl is. The fact that Mike Vick looked like he was having so much fun and got to play the majority of the snaps at QB is just an indication of how biased the whole game is itself.

And b/c Alexander didn;t sit out, Dunn and Barber got to play the entire game.Screw Alexander, he is the most overrated MVP ever. I hope we destroy them next year.

yo honestly, what the **** was Dunn doing in the Pro Bowl and not Portis?

Dunn had what, 1100 yards, and THREE, THREE ****ing TDs?

smh

I know three TDs for a starting runningback who played the whole season is horrible. Portis had more TDs last season when he first got here.

Alexander is soooo full of himself that he actually thinks he is that good....Wait until Seattle gets rid of him and he has to play for an offensive line that can't block....OOOOOOUUUUUUCH!!! That's gotta HURT!!!! REDSKINS taught Alexander a lesson about football when they knocked him out. I saw the Seattle emblem on his helmet go Crossed Eyed! HA!HA!HA!....I kill myself.

Mike Vick is an exciting player to watch when he's running around. So he will get in just because he's popular. I'm sure Dunn got a big vote from fans who watched Atlanta just so they could see Vick. Dunn did get alot of yds (not as much as Portis obviously) so to most fans it would seem that he was one of the best. Being on the team of the most popular player in the NFL can't hurt when it comes to a popularity vote for the Pro Bowl.

Totally pissed me off. More than when Alexander said hed have 4 TDs against the Skins ("im not gonna predict....")

I cant stand him and his stupid smirk. Apparently he "woke up and felt pain". Bull. Hes a selfish jerk, just like he was when he cried about Curtis Martin winning the title last year. That was CP's nod, whether he would take it or not.

Good point, I guess he didn't want to miss out on the weather, and the free trip. Still kinda messed up!!

I'd much rather our guys didn't risk injury in meaningless games. Portis has taken enough of a beating this season.

i agree, i would rather him not be there if unnessicary so he wont get her. just look what happened to tiki barber and rod smith yesterday. smith got cheaply shot by roy williams, and barber got flipped over by champ bailey (it was a nice hit)

i agree, i would rather him not be there if unnessicary so he wont get her. just look what happened to tiki barber and rod smith yesterday. smith got cheaply shot by roy williams, and barber got flipped over by champ bailey (it was a nice hit)

40 grand for doing NOTHING!!!!, even if CP turned it down, the next in line should have went.

Did anyone see the commercial at the begining of the Pro Bowl where Shawn was bonding with the Bell Boy :laugh: :laugh: TOO FUNNY!! and realistic. :D

Not crazy about the title of this thread!!

Archived