Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

cheap shot roy williams at it agian

paredskinsfan

I saw it too. It was funny how the announcers tried defending RW by saying he was looking at the receiver and trying to knock the ball away. But he was obviously going for the cheap shot. Anybody with a spine could see the ball was clearly dropped by Rob Smith before Roy laid the wood on him.

There was no excuse for that. You can try and say the game is fast, blah blah blah, but First off, the ball clearly bounced of his hands, it wasnt hidden or anything, it was immidietely noticeable as a non catch, and second, Rod Smith was on the ground at the time of that hit, rather than do the easier thing, just jump over him, he had to actively dive down to him. Its one thing if Rod is standing up, but he was on the ground out of the way.

The man is just scum.

I think your high fiving people not because is wasnt a cheap shot, but because its our ST. :D

In the context of a Pro Bowl game it was kinda cheap, but in a regular season game I really didn't see much wrong with it. Like I said if it was Taylor in a regular season game I'd just look at it as a warning you better stay the heck outta my territory. If you don't allow that kind of hit in the regular season we don't get to experience the joy of Pinkston pulling the alligator body, or Glenn looking downfield instead of at the ball. They do that because they know that catch or no catch they are gonna get the snot knocked out of them.

makes no sense... he should be fined....

First off, 0.00% chance anybody ever, ever gets fined for actions during a Pro Bowl game short of throwing punches.

Second, players slack during the game because it's an optional game. Look at any point after try and see how hard they're fighting to block the kick. Having said that, it is a sanctioned football game. They don't HAVE to go easy, though they normally choose to. That hit was legal during the season, it's legal during the Pro Bowl. Whether we like it or not, there was nothing illegal about it, therefore, there was nothing to fine.

On a related note, I think it shows one of the two following issues with Williams. Either:

A - he's reinforcing the reputation of being a cheap shot artist

or

B - he lacks the situational awareness to make the proper play based on what is happening with the receiver and the ball directly in front of him.

Neither bodes well for him, and I can't say I care for him or his "skills."

I agree that the only thing wrong with it was it was the pro bowl. Reg Season, playoffs, etc, nothing wrong with it. When Champ hurt Tiki, at 1st i thought Champ was out of line until i saw the replay. Im not supporting Roy Williams at all because regardless of our opinions, the only fact is that :dallasuck !

I remember 3 things about this play:

1) The commentators trying to 'splain away how Roy Williams did not see the incomplete pass and thus defenseless Rod Smith on the ground RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM

2) Rod Smith getting up and being VISIBLY UPSET about the cheap shot

3) Roy Williams SMILING about what he had just gotten away with

:dallasuck

I remember 3 things about this play:

1) The commentators trying to 'splain away how Roy Williams did not see the incomplete pass and thus defenseless Rod Smith on the ground RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM

2) Rod Smith getting up and being VISIBLY UPSET about the cheap shot

3) Roy Williams SMILING about what he had just gotten away with

:dallasuck

Yes,

Yes and

YES.

It's BS, despite the fact that it wasn't illegal, this is the ProBowl you need to follow "the code" no one wants to get hurt and assinine shots like that are exactly what makes him a piece of ****!!!! :dallasuck

Archived