Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ahmadinejad: Israel 'will be removed'/ Maybe some should say Iran will be removed?

88Comrade2000

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=78985

The article is the latest from our favorite Wacky Iranian.

My personal opinion is that maybe someone should say Iran will be removed?. Would there be outrage? Will that push things to the boiling point and lead the world to WWW3?

AS I said in another post. He wants armagedon. Maybe the time for someone to say Iran must be removed from the map? Of course they won't- they want Iran's oil.

HE should be removed is right. Not all Iranians are terrorists and hate Israel. Why do people always neglect to make that distinction?

How about when I stop hearing about how we're all infidels who deserve to die.

How about when they stop judging me by George Bush? I didn't vote for the guy, yet i am subject to the hatred they have for him and his policies. So I am supposed to think of them differently?

And if the majority don't buy into the radicals, why did they elect him? If the election was a sham, than there should be no argument about going in and just executing that lunatic. But what do you think would happen if we did?

Look, if they want us to accept their election and recognize their president then they, just like me, must bear responsibility for the things he says and does. And if they don't want to be lumped in with this "radical minority", then maybe it's time they did something about these "few" maniacs that are trying to rain fire down on everyone's head, including their own.

If we're supposed to make distinctions, then they must as well.

I can't remember the last time I heard a mullah or any other islamic leader tell his people in public that we Americans don't all hate them, that we don't all want war?

Why do I never ever hear it?

~Bang

How about when they stop judging me by George Bush? I didn't vote for the guy, yet i am subject to the hatred they have for him and his policies. So I am supposed to think of them differently?

And if the majority don't buy into the radicals, why did they elect him? If the election was a sham, than there should be no argument about going in and just executing that lunatic. But what do you think would happen if we did?

Look, if they want us to accept their election and recognize their president then they, just like me, must bear responsibility for the things he says and does. And if they don't want to be lumped in with this "radical minority", then maybe it's time they did something about these "few" maniacs that are trying to rain fire down on everyone's head, including their own.

~Bang

There are a few good reasons why we should not hold the point of view you raise here:

1) Speaking in generalization weakens ones prose. It is anti-intellectual, retorical and lazy.

2) It isn't fair to American's to lump all Muslims together. Doing so negates the role the environment plays on their behaviour.

3) When you allow another person / group of people to dictate your behaviour, you have to conceed that you have lost control of yourself and your values. {How about when they stop judging me by George Bush}

I can't remember the last time I heard a mullah or any other islamic leader tell his people in public that we Americans don't all hate them, that we don't all want war?

~Bang

That is a great question Bang, because they ARE vocally against terrorism. CAIR, Sarge's Islamic whipping group which is supposedly "helping" the terrorists, has been vocal yet it gets no coverage in either the papers, or on TV.

There is a reason for people not hearing the Mullahs condoning this type rhetoric, you have to look below the surface to see it though.

There are a few good reasons why we should not hold the point of view you raise here:

1) Speaking in generalization weakens ones prose. It is anti-intellectual, retorical and lazy.

2) It isn't fair to American's to lump all Muslims together. Doing so negates the role the environment plays on their behaviour.

3) When you allow another person / group of people to dictate your behaviour, you have to conceed that you have lost control of yourself and your values. {How about when they stop judging me by George Bush}

Dude,, In their eyes we don't have control of our values anyway. They lump us in no matter what. we are ALL evil and ALL deserve to die... and that is true worldwide,, people don't give a crap what you actually believe,, they just see you as American, and all the BS that goes along with that, all the prejudices and ravings of the rest of the world is heaped right onto me.

I'm not evil, I have no control over what my gov't does either, but that doesn't seem to matter. I'd die just as easily as anyone else who happened to get on the wrong bus, or stand on the wrong corner when one of those maniacs decides to blow himself up.

IF Iran builds a nuclear bomb and lights it off, do you think it will distinguish between people actually causing them a supposed problem and anyone else?

There comes a time when we have to stop dreaming about the ideal and face the reality of the situation.

After 30 years of listening to the rhetoric, the threats, after decades of seeing hostages, bombings, murders, and all the rest, I am supposed to just be "intellectual"

Save your insults, save the looking down of the nose at me. There comes a time, after decades of behaving the way you say we should, that we should expect the same in return. And by making excuses for them all the time, we never will get the basic human respect that you are demanding I continue to give.

If it's not fair for Americans to lump them in, why is it fair for them to lump us in to their hatred of policies or things we typical people can't control? I am evil because I was born here. I am evil because I live what they consider decadently. I am evil because my wife is allowed to walk around exposing a little bit of her face and skin to the sun. My human rights don't seem to matter.

This isn't anything new. They've been saying this and acting on this for decades now. When does it become "OK" to start to expect differently?

For decades I've tried to do what you said, I've tried to be big, I've tried not to judge the whole by the few, but it hasn't changed,, in fact it's gotten worse, and now more than ever, I am judged by the few, and have been judged that way my entire life.

Basically you tell me that just because the dog bites, the whole dog must not be held accountable because it's only his mouth that does it. Great, but you know what? That mouth is biting awfully hard and that dog doesn't stop it from happening.

Tired of making excuses for these people. I'm all for turning the other cheek, but when i keep getting kicked in the back of the head, it's time to stop turning away.

If I am to behave that way, I expect it in return, and you know, i've never seen it.

Ever.

It may be that the media doesn't promote it, most likely true, but you know, words are just words, and bombs keep going off, and they have been since i was a child.

I'm tired of it.

~Bang

Dude,, In their eyes we don't have control of our values anyway. They lump us in no matter what. we are ALL evil and ALL deserve to die... and that is true worldwide,, people don't give a crap what you actually believe,, they just see you as American, and all the BS that goes along with that, all the prejudices and ravings of the rest of the world is heaped right onto me.

I'm not evil, I have no control over what my gov't does either, but that doesn't seem to matter. I'd die just as easily as anyone else who happened to get on the wrong bus, or stand on the wrong corner when one of those maniacs decides to blow himself up.

IF Iran builds a nuclear bomb and lights it off, do you think it will distinguish between people actually causing them a supposed problem and anyone else?

There comes a time when we have to stop dreaming about the ideal and face the reality of the situation.

After 30 years of listening to the rhetoric, the threats, after decades of seeing hostages, bombings, murders, and all the rest, I am supposed to just be "intellectual"

Save your insults, save the looking down of the nose at me. There comes a time, after decades of behaving the way you say we should, that we should expect the same in return. And by making excuses for them all the time, we never will get the basic human respect that you are demanding I continue to give.

If it's not fair for Americans to lump them in, why is it fair for them to lump us in to their hatred of policies or things we typical people can't control? I am evil because I was born here. I am evil because I live what they consider decadently. I am evil because my wife is allowed to walk around exposing a little bit of her face and skin to the sun. My human rights don't seem to matter.

This isn't anything new. They've been saying this and acting on this for decades now. When does it become "OK" to start to expect differently?

For decades I've tried to do what you said, I've tried to be big, I've tried not to judge the whole by the few, but it hasn't changed,, in fact it's gotten worse, and now more than ever, I am judged by the few, and have been judged that way my entire life.

Basically you tell me that just because the dog bites, the whole dog must not be held accountable because it's only his mouth that does it. Great, but you know what? That mouth is biting awfully hard and that dog doesn't stop it from happening.

Tired of making excuses for these people. I'm all for turning the other cheek, but when i keep getting kicked in the back of the head, it's time to stop turning away.

If I am to behave that way, I expect it in return, and you know, i've never seen it.

Ever.

It may be that the media doesn't promote it, most likely true, but you know, words are just words, and bombs keep going off, and they have been since i was a child.

I'm tired of it.

~Bang

I'm not insulting you, I just don't agree with your reasons for lumping people together.

It isn't fair to American's to lump all Muslims together. Doing so negates the role the environment plays on their behaviour.

This is 100% correct. It isn't fair to American Muslim's to lump all Muslims together.

I'm not insulting you, I just don't agree with your reasons for lumping people together.

Fair enough.

This is 100% correct. It isn't fair to American Muslim's to lump all Muslims together.

So, in other words, it doesn't matter that you and I and all the rest of us are lumped together?

Basically, by this statement you condone their behaviour.

I am more than willing to believe they aren't all bad. Unfortunately, I don't see it going the other way.

Direct question.

When can we expect that?

when can I expect to not live under the threat of islamic terrrorism, for simply being born here? For simply having Jewish blood?

~Bang

Fair enough.

So, in other words, it doesn't matter that you and I and all the rest of us are lumped together?

Basically, by this statement you condone their behaviour.

I am more than willing to believe they aren't all bad. Unfortunately, I don't see it going the other way.

Direct question.

When can we expect that?

when can I expect to not live under the threat of islamic terrrorism, for simply being born here? For simply having Jewish blood?

~Bang

It doesn't bother me that I'm lumped in with everyone else.

I'm not condoning their behaviour, as I don't condone yours when you do the same thing. I really do expect more from us than just following their pathetic lead.

To answer your questions:

I think there is going to be a war over this (one bigger than the war on terror). My feeling is, that by lumping American Muslims in with this group, we'll be guaranting that the enemy is here and not over there. So far we have not seen any terrorism commited by American Muslims, and I'd like it to stay that way.

We'll be living under the treat of islamic terrorism for a long time.

Do you know who was caught giving sensitive material to the Persians int he form of Nuclear Advice???

Pakistan - The guy that was the head of the Nuclear program gave aways seacrets to both the North Koreans and th Iranians and now both of them want to start Nuclear Research for peaceful purposes ....yeah right! These guys will from the start be looking to make the uranium as enriched as possible so that it could be used in a weapon.

How funny is it that pakistan didn't get punished for this and that the guy caught was given no punishment and simply handed back to their ISI (CIA). Now I have heard this guy is out in the open again..

We just had a discussion about this very topic in my International Relations class. I'll have to disagree with a few posts that have been made.

1st, Rdskns2000 I believe there is an international consensus that if Iran put all its efforts into making a nucular bomb, they would still be about 5 or 10 years away, closer to 10.

2nd, Bang, when you say:

"How about when they stop judging me by George Bush? I didn't vote for the guy, yet i am subject to the hatred they have for him and his policies. So I am supposed to think of them differently? And if the majority don't buy into the radicals, why did they elect him?"

That is a contradictoray statement. If the majority of U.S. citizens don't buy into Bush, then why did we elect him, just like the majority of Iranians (if the elections were free and fair) elected their leader. So asking not to be judged by your leader, Bush, then saying that we must judge Iranians by their leader is hypocritical.

All that being said, as well as the comments about Pakistanis aiding the Iranians in their nuclear program, makes it clear to me that Nuclear non-proliferation is our only viable choice. The destructive capabilities of these weapons ensures that they will probably never be used by a rational regieme, becuase doing so would ensure their own ahniliation by another nuclear power. The biggest threat that nuclear technology imposes is if a radical terrorist network, such as Al Queda aquired a nuclear bomb. They have no fear of retribution becuase they are a non-state actor, meaning they have no interests in remaining in power and no national soveriegnty to protect. The problem with allowing states such as Pakistan, India, Isreal, and other middle eastern states to have these horrible weapons is the instability in the region. There could be a military takeover of Pakistan, then the new government, whomever they may be, will have the bomb. The insecurity in this region means that we must take steps to ensure not only that no new nuclear states arise, but also that those with nuclear capability understand that it is in their own best interests to abandon their nuclear weapons programs. Of course, Pakistan will not disarm if India has the bomb, and India may not disarm if China has the bomb, so on and so forth.

It is my opinion, that as the only true superpower we must initiate nuclear disarmment and set an example of peace and understanding, not mistrust and hostility. I'm not suggesting that we completely disarm, but we have over 20,000 nuclear weapons. Certianly our actions in Iraq have given states like Iran a reason to become more interested in nuclear technology. I understand the threat that Iran poses to the world if it were to become a nuclear power and again, I'm not suggesting we scrap our entire nuclear arsenal. But a wise man once said, peace begets peace, and violence begets more violence.

~Bang

They have hated all americans equally for years Does not matter who the president is

Archived