Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 Door Porsche

Hokie_Skinz

Porsche has decided to make a model that will offer 4 doors, called the Panamera. Now, I didn't have a problem with the Cayenne so much, but a 4 door Porsche car?!?! This just seems sacreligious to me. When I think Porsche, I think of sporty 911s, or 959s, and the like. Even 944s are more Porsche with their 4 bangers than a 4 door car. Below is a pic...what do you guys think? am I just overreacting here?

'tis a shame for Porsche enthusiasts. Not just this latest model, but the direction the company has gone in the last 5 years.

I'll stick with my air-cooled 911, thank you.

Thank you!

I'm not saying the car isn't nice...I'm just saying this isn't what a Porsche should be. A Porsche is supposed to be a true Sports car, true to the driver/car relationship. This just seems like it's just one more step further in the wrong direction that the company seems to be headed ever since the 996 model and the Boxster and Cayanne

Thank you!

I'm not saying the car isn't nice...I'm just saying this isn't what a Porsche should be. A Porsche is supposed to be a true Sports car, true to the driver/car relationship. This just seems like it's just one more step further in the wrong direction that the company seems to be headed ever since the 996 model and the Boxster and Cayanne

I understand Porsche's transition to water cooled engines with the 996 and Boxster. That's fine... I'll of course always prefer air-cooled, but that's just preference.

What bugs me is Porsche's introduction of models that aren't racecars. Cayenne, and now this. Every Porsche ever made was a race car, until recently. In another 10 years I wonder if they'll be making a minivan? :doh:

What bugs me is Porsche's introduction of models that aren't racecars. Cayenne, and now this. Every Porsche ever made was a race car, until recently. In another 10 years I wonder if they'll be making a minivan? :doh:

ok, first hate to burst your bubble, but I get subscriptions to Motor Trend, and Road & Track, and they have been talking about making a mini-van. I don't want to dig through all those mags to find it, but here is an old link (pre-2000) where they show concepts of what it might look like.

And I agree with you on the race car thing. I mean the 944s weren't exactly hot rods with their front mounted 4 bangers, but they at least were among the best handling cars in the world at the time.

Porsche needs to stick with what made them what they are, a world leader in sports cars, and not worry so much about getting a larger market share. They will never make out more than 4.5% of the total share, so they should just stick to being an exclusive company that stirs passion and desire over their cars.

And I agree with you on the race car thing. I mean the 944s weren't exactly hot rods with their front mounted 4 bangers, but they at least were among the best handling cars in the world at the time.

The 944 Turbo's were faster from the factory from the 911's.

The 944 was a hell of a car... go to any club race of PCA sponsored event and half the cars out there are 944's. Even the 4 cylinder early 944's had their place on the track in certain displacement classes.

That is amazing about the minivan! Thanks for the link.

The 944 Turbo's were faster from the factory from the 911's.

The 944 was a hell of a car... go to any club race of PCA sponsored event and half the cars out there are 944's. Even the 4 cylinder early 944's had their place on the track in certain displacement classes.

That is amazing about the minivan! Thanks for the link.

Oh I know the 944 was a good car. When it came out it was probably the BEST handeling car on the road. I forgot about the Turbo's. I was looking to get a 944, but it's really hard to find one in good condition.

no problem about the minivan link...I just seriously hope Porsche wakes up before they give that project the green light.:mad:

Oh I know the 944 was a good car. When it came out it was probably the BEST handeling car on the road. I forgot about the Turbo's. I was looking to get a 944, but it's really hard to find one in good condition.

I would love to have a 944 as well... but you're right, good ones are rare. My Dad and I still talk about finding one and making a track car out of it.

That is really becoming true of most old Porsches. So many people got into the habit of stripping them and turning them into track cars in the late '90s... the value on older Porsche's is really climbing, just for that reason... you simply can't find nice one's anymore that aren't ragged to hell.

I have a 911 SC Targa... it has a lot of modifications for track driving, but it has never truly been stripped and turned into a racer. I can make it basically stock again in one weekend, except for the Mahle pistons.

Sweet. I help my dad restore his 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T right now. Thats another car who's value is sky rocketing. We take it to alot of cruise ins. Sometimes i get to see old 911s, and they are absolutely beautiful.

When it comes to a foreign sports car, for me it has to be a classic 911. The only other foreign car I think I would even consider is maybe an old Aston Martin, like in the early bond flicks.

Archived