Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green at the pro-bowl

Stophovr6

They just did some goofy flag football game in Hawaii. It was team Marino v. Team Young. Green was on Marinos team opposite Micheal irving who wouldn't shut up.

They kept talking about how D Green was still the fastest man on the field. Marino hit him down the field for a TD towards the end of the game. He tried it again with 1 minute to go but over-shot Green who hurdled a barried and sat down in a seat. A kid came over and hi fived Darrell. He sat out the last play but a reporter came over and jokingly asked if he was coming out of retirement.

He joked back. "I already am. I thought I did? Isn't this a real game? Ain't this RFK?" :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :point2sky

Darrell Green for President of the World!

Yeah, I saw it this morning. It was a replay of last years pro-bowl on NFL network. They were all giving Darrell major props though...said he was still one of the fastest they had ever seen. He was torching whoever the hell was trying to cover him, I think it was Butler. Marino hit him on a one play deep bomb for a TD, then the very next possession they go right back to it and whooooosh, DG flies by his man again and is wide open in the endzone but Mariono over throws him by about 3 yards. The cool thing was to see DG actually speed up towards the end of the route when he realizes Marino has overthrown him instead of slow down. He then hurdles the back wall protecting the fans and sits down in the front row of the stands...a little kid comes by and shakes his hand and DG is talking to him and laughing, asking the kid questions. That my friends, is the definition of a 1st round hall of famer. I will incite a riot if he gets the Art Monk treatment.

I'll tell you what, it may be from last years probowl activities, but I could watch it over and over. Seeing a guy a year older then me still have that type of conditioning and speed is a pure joy. Having it be Darrell, is just that much better.

He could still start for many teams in the league at almost 46 years of age.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

They just did some goofy flag football game in Hawaii. It was team Marino v. Team Young. Green was on Marinos team opposite Micheal irving who wouldn't shut up.

They kept talking about how D Green was still the fastest man on the field. Marino hit him down the field for a TD towards the end of the game. He tried it again with 1 minute to go but over-shot Green who hurdled a barried and sat down in a seat. A kid came over and hi fived Darrell. He sat out the last play but a reporter came over and jokingly asked if he was coming out of retirement.

He joked back. "I already am. I thought I did? Isn't this a real game? Ain't this RFK?" :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :point2sky

Darrell Green for President of the World!

You're about a year too late on this one slick :laugh:

Archived