Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Using your religious beliefs in guiding your politicial policies: Good or Bad?

Rdskns2000

Okay- we already know what one side of the world does.

Thing is, what about right here in the U.S. That the policies off George Bush are actually guided by his deep religious beliefs. You've seen many politicians express that.

They are pro and cons to that. The biggest issue in the country: Abortion is case in fact. If you believe abortion is murder- then you will do whatever you can to end that. If you don't- you'll do whatever you can to allow that.

Some of Bush's policies in middle east are geared in the belief that for Jesus to return, Irsael must be in the hands of the Jews. Evangelicals are the strongest supporters of Israel- simply for that belief. Once Jesus returns- they expect the Jews to become Christians- wonder what the Jews think about that.

==========================================================

Of course there's the crazy fanatical. Our favorite Iranian- Mahmoud whatever fully believes the end times are here. It is his mission to bring about armagedeon so that the return of some shiite leader is gaurentee. That's a scary fact. He does believe this and that's why there will be no deals with Iran. He may stall but his ultimate goal to bring about WW3- so that his religious leader can return.

i think it is mostly a good thing, good christians believe in helping to improve the human conition, unfortunately there are some ocasional but vocal nuts in the craker jack box that is america. and on abortion, i do believe it is murder, and murder is not a right garenteed under the constitution

Okay- we already know what one side of the world does.

Thing is, what about right here in the U.S. That the policies off George Bush are actually guided by his deep religious beliefs. You've seen many politicians express that.

They are pro and cons to that. The biggest issue in the country: Abortion is case in fact. If you believe abortion is murder- then you will do whatever you can to end that. If you don't- you'll do whatever you can to allow that.

Some of Bush's policies in middle east are geared in the belief that for Jesus to return, Irsael must be in the hands of the Jews. Evangelicals are the strongest supporters of Israel- simply for that belief. Once Jesus returns- they expect the Jews to become Christians- wonder what the Jews think about that.

leaving religion out of it no matter how you put it Abortion is killing a living creation.... at the least

In the case of Israel... If God is "God" His plan will get done regardless of what Bush does. The fact of the matter is Israel would not exsist if they didn't have us as an friend.

People vote people into office because of what they believe... So I don't see what the big fuss is about... If George bush was a muslim, or atheist his beliefs would still lead him. There are those on this board that think just because they are not "religious" they are not guided by a belief system. The truth of the matter is everyone is guided by a set of belief system.

If people used their religion, to the fullest extent, rather than ****izing what they interpret, the world would be a great place.

just for argument sake... leaving religion out of it... couldn't we say...

If people were really as good as we say we are the world would be a great place?

What if there was no religion? What if the whole world accepted evolution as fact? How peaceful would the world be? Less peaceful? I can't see how. Religous differences are by far the leading cause for war in our history. All for something nobody can prove, or at least hasn't been able to yet....seems kinda silly.

Athiesm is a religion itself, so obviously the answer must be good. Considering that the biggest athiest organizations in the US have religious exemption status for tax purposes, I see no reason you shouldnt let your religious belief guide your politics. Everyone has a system of beliefs, some are based on God existing, some are based on God not existing, it would be niave to think someone could be in politics and not let their system of beliefs affect their politics.

I think that if you are serious about your faith it should be a major factor in all you do

I don't. I think if you are serious about your faith, it should effect your personal life, not the lives of millions of people that don't agree with your religion.

If you want to have faith, good for you, but I'd prefer to keep it out of the political system.

Archived