Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis on The Hot List ESPN 2 Now

frommd

-He says the guys were tired of being the doormat of the division, and really came togther as a team to stop losing.

-His favorite dress-up character was Janky-Spanky

-He said by the end of the season all the guys in the lockerroom wanted to be a part of it.

-Says he doesn't know if he will dress up next year.

-Says he thinks last year teams started tripling Santana, and stacking the box against him, but next year they need to get their nos. 2, 3, and 4 receivers involved.

-Asked him who the best running back in the NFL is. He gave credit to the other great running backs, but said, "I would always choose myself."

When comparing himself to the other NFC backs, I liked how he said that unlike some of the others, that he himself was an every down back that plays in any situation which is one of the reasons I like the guy so much. I also was cracking up when he said he would stay in during 4th down and punt the ball if they let him.

How do teams put 8 men in the box and triple team Moss?

Not at the same time. ON obvious run plays the box gets stacked, and in long yardage situations Moss would get double teamed and there would be someone in zone coverage dropping back covering the middle.

Not at the same time. ON obvious run plays the box gets stacked, and in long yardage situations Moss would get double teamed and there would be someone in zone coverage dropping back covering the middle.

That means the coaching staff must do better formations.

-He says the guys were tired of being the doormat of the division, and really came togther as a team to stop losing.

This is what Joe Gibbs brings to a team. You can talk X's and O's all you want, but Joe makes his players care and makes them crave success. We are lucky he is back.

Archived