Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you want Campbell to be starter on season 06/07?

Satanen

I look forward to seeing Campbell. He seems like an exceptional talent and I expect him to be a star in the near future.

However, I think Brunell more than earned the starting job this year. His TD to INT ratio was among the best in the league. He had an exceptional year until Thomas got hurt, Patten got hurt, and Portis ran out of gas. Brunell showed arm strength, accuracy, the ability to scramble, good leadership, and (most importantly) good decision making skills. Brunell was a big part of our resurgence and should continue to start as long as he can continue to perform at such a level. We have too much talent in place to waste it by starting someone with no experience. Let the vet do his thing.

Campbell should be our primary back up this year, which is a step up the depth chart from last year. In this role, Campbell will get his chances. I expect him to make the most of them.

I think brunell earned the right to start next season, but...I think if Campbell is our QB of the future then he has to get out there and play. He sat a season to learn already. How much more learning from the bench can he do? He needs to get out there and play so he can continue to grow. That combined with Brunell's fade due to injuries at the end of the season leads me to say that I want Campbell to start next season.

I think that there should be some competition throughout preseason. I love Mark Brunell, and I think he's got a few years left in the tank. However, I say that we give both guys an honest shot at being starter, whoever shows more promise should start. And if it's Campbell then so be it, I don't think you're necessarily "wasting" talent if that scenario plays out. If Campbell shows that he's "better" than Mark in preseason, then it should be helping our talent more than anything. Now having said that, I hope if Campbell wins the starting position he beats the Mark Brunell of this past season, and not Mark Brunell of '04. '04 Mark and Ramsey slugged it out in Preseason and neither one of them looked good, but Mark won by default because he played ever-so slightly better than Patrick. We all saw what '04 Brunell got us.

To answer your question. I would love to see Campbell start, mainly because I'm excited to see what he can do with the guys that are around him.

I definitly do not want Brunell as our starter next year. As soon as the man gets so much as a paper cut he starts to suck it up. He needs to restructure his deal if he wants to even be our backup. I say let Campbell start or even keep Ramsey and start him until you think Campbell is ready.

I definitly do not want Brunell as our starter next year. As soon as the man gets so much as a paper cut he starts to suck it up. He needs to restructure his deal if he wants to even be our backup. I say let Campbell start or even keep Ramsey and start him until you think Campbell is ready.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize (pretty much) hyper-extending your knee is the equivalent of a paper cut.

Brunell deserves to start but I would like to see Jason Campbell take the starting job mid season

I don't think that theory really helps anyone. I mean, if Brunell starts then gets up-rooted in the middle of the season then what does that mean? It means one of 2 things; Brunell got injured ... or, Brunell sucked it up. There would be no real reason for us to sit him if he's doing well. And if we did sit him for no reason, other than giving Campbell a shot, then what would that do for Chemistry? Campbell wouldn't have been practicing with starters, meaning his timing would be off, it might throw off the blocking schemes for him. There are all types of consequences to changing starting QBs, at the drop of a hat.

I think it has to be all or nothing, Campbell gets a shot at starting, and does. Or Brunell goes into the season as the starter and, unless he sucks it up or the team has already cemented a spot in the playoffs and we're sitting the starters, Campbell sits.

I don't think that theory really helps anyone. I mean, if Brunell starts then gets up-rooted in the middle of the season then what does that mean? It means one of 2 things; Brunell got injured ... or, Brunell sucked it up. There would be no real reason for us to sit him if he's doing well. And if we did sit him for no reason, other than giving Campbell a shot, then what would that do for Chemistry? Campbell wouldn't have been practicing with starters, meaning his timing would be off, it might throw off the blocking schemes for him. There are all types of consequences to changing starting QBs, at the drop of a hat.

I think it has to be all or nothing, Campbell gets a shot at starting, and does. Or Brunell goes into the season as the starter and, unless he sucks it up or the team has already cemented a spot in the playoffs and we're sitting the starters, Campbell sits.

Amen Brother!

Archived