Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: Cowboys getting Jamal Lewis...

AUviaDC101

Cowboys might have interest, but the more substantive rumor is as follows:

The Ravens may or may not use the franchise tag on Jamal Lewis, say the spies at the Baltimore Sun. Even if they do tag him, it might not be to keep him. The Ravens might want to trade Lewis to the Vikes for Daunte Culpepper.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=60370

Cowboys might have interest, but the more substantive rumor is as follows:

The Ravens may or may not use the franchise tag on Jamal Lewis, say the spies at the Baltimore Sun. Even if they do tag him, it might not be to keep him. The Ravens might want to trade Lewis to the Vikes for Daunte Culpepper.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=60370

That trade makes sense, but two huge names usually doesnt work cap wise.

That trade makes sense, but two huge names usually doesnt work cap wise.

Lewis isn't under contract though, so (if I'm wrong here, please correct me) the Ravens wouldn't assume a salary cap hit by dealing him. Now, Caulpepper signed a huge contract not very long ago, and it was spread out over a long period. I'm not sure how much of that was signing bonus, but if it was considerable, the Vikes might have trouble dealing him.

The real problem is that that would leave the Vikings with Brad Johnson as their only real QB. I'm not sure I know how much longer he can get it done. I mean, sure he can beat crappy teams, but I assume the Vikings are eventually going to want to challenge for something more serious.

Well the only reason the Cowboys would be able to land Lewis is because he sucks now.

If he was still "good", he wouldn't be going anywhere. In fact, he'd probably already be under a new contract with the Ravens.

But Lewis had serious knee issues coming out of college. It's why he slipped to #10 in the draft. And it seems to have caught up with him....he seems washed up.

There's a reason Ozzie Newsome and Ravens didn't give him a big contract or anything.

Lewis isn't under contract though, so (if I'm wrong here, please correct me) the Ravens wouldn't assume a salary cap hit by dealing him. Now, Caulpepper signed a huge contract not very long ago, and it was spread out over a long period. I'm not sure how much of that was signing bonus, but if it was considerable, the Vikes might have trouble dealing him.

The real problem is that that would leave the Vikings with Brad Johnson as their only real QB. I'm not sure I know how much longer he can get it done. I mean, sure he can beat crappy teams, but I assume the Vikings are eventually going to want to challenge for something more serious.

I think they would have to sign the one year franchise deal and then trade him...possibly?

Jamal Lewis is also going to become a cancer in the locker room. Didn't he say last season that he didn't want to run hard because he didn't want to risk getting hurt?

Besides, he sucks now, and will probably be fairly expensive. I hope Dallas gets him because it would be a stupid move. What are they thinking?

He didn't say that. It was speculated that he was doing that because he knew he as going to be traded.

Jamal has progressively played worse as each season goes by. Not sure if that's his fault or the fact the Ravens offense is getting worse as a whole.

Regardless, I hope he does go to Dallas. It would make things easier for us winning division games.

I am personally not looking forward to this. Just heard it on a Webcast sports talk station on MSN.com...

I will be VERY upset if this turns out... We will DEFINATELY need LaVarr back if this pans out.

Gibbs For Life!!!

what has lewis got to do with getting lavar to return? lewis will cost a lot to sign. he once was a fine back but he is now at a point where you do not know what he has left. he takes a lot of hard hits due to his running style

You have to go to MSN.com, and get access, I cannot give out my password (email address)... However, if you get access to msn's whatever... Then you could access the radio station(s).

I am not sure what region it was, but i was in my office getting pretty upset at what i was hearing. they are also going after FB Heath Evans who played with Miami last year...

I dunno, but out the backfield, that would be a VERY huge/crucial blow to the NFC East. If they pick up Lewis, we need a BIG DE in the draft, to hell with a speed rusher... I'd like for us to go 10-0 against dalls over the next 5 years...

Gibbs For Life!!!

we need another def end... but it is more to apply pressure to the qb

Don't let last season fool you. Lewis is still a solid force. Give him a decent line, and a pass game..... he can get back to the top.

If I were Dallas, I would worry about strengthening the OL first

exactly !! put jones and barber behind a first rate o line and they would be dangerous. give bledsoe time and he still throws a nice deep ball,

that is the key to their season

Archived