Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tired of the popularity contests

themurf

Clint Portis finished the regular season fourth in the NFL in rushing yards with 1,516. Gilbert Arenas is currently fourth in the NBA in scoring with 28.2 points per game. The Redskins made the playoffs. The Wizards would make the playoffs if the season ended today.

So you tell me - why no love for the local superstars? Is the number four simply unlucky? If the Hall of Fame can be biased against Dallas (it's not), can the Pro Bowl/All Star Game be biased against Washington?

I'm baffled.

I'm tired of the popularity contests regarding ANY team. A big, huge name could be out half the season and still make an All-Star game/Pro Bowl over someone who busted their butt all year and were having a career season.

It's all name recognition, which is why I pay no more attention to it.

Its a travesty that CP is not in Hawii right now. He was the heart and soul of our team this year and his mere yardage alone does not account for everything he did this past season. He's by far my favorite NFL superstar and I'll rep his jersey all day today because of it. Representing those Skins in TN!!!!! The Titans fans hate me.

Archived