Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hizbullah: "Shut up Bush and Rice"...

Air Force Cane

Feb. 9, 2006 14:27 | Updated Feb. 9, 2006 14:37

Nasrallah tells Bush and Rice to 'shut up' about Muslims

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

BEIRUT, Lebanon

i.print.gifpixel.gifi.email.gifpixel.gifi.subs.gifpixel.gifi.sms.gifpixel.gifi.toolbar.gifpixel.gifepaper.tbox.giftalkback.en.top.gif

talkback.en.read.giftalkback.en.comment.gif

The leader of Hizbullah, heading a march by hundreds of thousands of Shi'ite Muslims on Thursday, said US President George W. Bush and his secretary of state should "shut up" after they accused Syria and Iran of fueling protests over cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad. Sheik Hassan Nasrallah urged Muslims worldwide to continue demonstrations until there is an apology over the drawings and Europe passes laws forbidding insults to the prophet.

The head of the guerrilla group, which is backed by Iran and Syria, spoke before a mass procession of Shi'ites marking Ashura, an annual remembrance of the 680 A.D. battle in which Hussein, their saint and grandson of Muhammad, was killed by rivals, cementing the split in Islam between Shi'ites and Sunnis.

Whipping up the crowds on the most solemn day for Shi'ites worldwide, Nasrallah declared: "Defending the prophet should continue all over the world. Let Condoleezza Rice and Bush and all the tyrants shut up. We are an Islamic nation that cannot tolerate, be silent or be lax when they insult our prophet and sanctities."

"We will uphold the messenger of God not only by our voices but also by our blood," he told the crowds, estimated by organizers at about 700,000. Police officers had no final estimates but put the figure at even higher. Speaking about the controversy for the first time Wednesday, Bush condemned the deadly rioting sparked by the cartoons and urged foreign leaders to halt the spreading violence and to protect diplomats in besieged embassies. Rice, the US secretary of state, said Iran and Syria "have gone out of their way to inflame sentiments and to use this to their own purposes. And the world ought to call them on it." "There can be no settlement before an apology and there can be no settlement before laws are legislated by the European Parliament and the parliaments of European countries," Nasrallah said. Islamic nations should demand "a law committing the press and the media in the West that proscribes insulting our prophet. If this matter cannot be achieved that means they (West) insist on continuing this," he added. Nasrallah said that if the controversy touched on Jews or Israel the West would have reacted differently and quickly. "Is the Islamic world less important than a bunch of Zionists? We cannot acquiesce to this."

We are an Islamic nation that cannot tolerate, be silent or be lax when they insult our prophet and sanctities."

Yeah, but they can be tolerant and silent when they, themselves, and others of their faith kill innocent people, men, women, and children. God forbid you SAY or DRAW anything, though. :doh:

The thing that scares me is that this is in Beirut, Lebanon. The same place that had the protests last year against Syria that we were all so happy to see. This is the fundamentalist effort to turn the masses back to their side, and so far it seems to be working. That is why our response needs to be measured.

The thing that scares me is that this is in Beirut, Lebanon. The same place that had the protests last year against Syria that we were all so happy to see. This is the fundamentalist effort to turn the masses back to their side, and so far it seems to be working. That is why our response needs to be measured.

.....in tons of ordinance. Just kidding!!!! :)

700,000 is a substantial crowd.

We may not like what they are telling us, but we would be fools not to pay attention.

One note on the crowd number, this is a major even/pilgramage for the Shiites he was simply addressing...Rather than a protest march.

His speach ,nor the cartoons were the reason for it.

Personally i like:

No! You shut up :silly:

One note on the crowd number, this is a major even/pilgramage for the Shiites he was simply addressing...Rather than a protest march.

His speach ,nor the cartoons were the reason for it.

You are right. I was confusing this with the protests that are going on in Beiruit right now. I think my point still stands.

You are right. I was confusing this with the protests that are going on in Beiruit right now. I think my point still stands.

Of course ,but for perspective Hezbollah never has been our ally and supports Syria over Lebanon...A agent of sorts for Syria and Iran.

Christian extremists are just as, if not more hate-filled and violent than Muslim extremists.

So how many Christians took to the streets in support of Pat Robertson when he announced that New Orleans deserved Katrina because they have Mardi Gras?

How many people got killed in the "Piss Christ" riots?

Yeah, there are Christian whackjobs. But they don't have millions of whackjob followers willing to kill for them.

So how many Christians took to the streets in support of Pat Robertson when he announced that New Orleans deserved Katrina because they have Mardi Gras?

How many people got killed in the "Piss Christ" riots?

Yeah, there are Christian whackjobs. But they don't have millions of whackjob followers willing to kill for them.

Was it a Muslim extremist that brought down the OKC Federal Building? Was it Muslim extremists that slaughtered thousands upon thousands of people in Lebanese migrant camps? How many atrocities have been committed over time in the name of Christ? I'd venture nearly as many as in the name of Mohammed.

Listen, I'll be the first one to call out Muslim extremists. But when someone uses them to criticize the religion as a whole, calling it a religion of violence, which if you know anything about it, you know that's completely false, it's not right. Every religion has their crazies, but no religion is defined by them. I guess that was kind of my point.

Christian extremists are just as, if not more hate-filled and violent than Muslim extremists.

There is no comparison. And I'm not condoning someone committing violence in the name Christ. The irony there is mind numbing. Mainstream Christian leaders speak out against this, and denounce it for what it is. And it is isolated in frequency. When someone says Islam, it is synonymous with Terrorist Bomber. If the Muslim masses don't agree with the radicals, then their voices need to be shouting down this craziness. They should have long since taken control of the situation.

One of the main tenents of Christianity is that it is a choice. Take a look at these muslim countries and tell me they feel the same way. Until proven otherwise by moderate Muslims taking control of this situation, I will view it as violent and hate filled. A religion with one purpose. Oppress and subjugate.

The only way this problem gets fixed, is if moderate Muslims put an end to it. The factions practicing this hate will not be reasoned with by outsiders. They need to be toppled from within. I keep seeing it reported that it is a religion of peace and the majority of Muslims are peaceful. Why then, do they allow the minority to defile what surely must be sacred to them?

It was fashionable when their hate was targeted solely at the US. Now it is clear to everyone that thier hate knows no bounds. If you are not a Muslim country, you are a target.

There is no comparison. And I'm not condoning someone committing violence in the name Christ. The irony there is mind numbing. Mainstream Christian leaders speak out against this, and denounce it for what it is. And it is isolated in frequency. When someone says Islam, it is synonymous with Terrorist Bomber. If the Muslim masses don't agree with the radicals, then their voices need to be shouting down this craziness. They should have long since taken control of the situation.

One of the main tenents of Christianity is that it is a choice. Take a look at these muslim countries and tell me they feel the same way. Until proven otherwise by moderate Muslims taking control of this situation, I will view it as violent and hate filled. A religion with one purpose. Oppress and subjugate.

The only way this problem gets fixed, is if moderate Muslims put an end to it. The factions practicing this hate will not be reasoned with by outsiders. They need to be toppled from within. I keep seeing it reported that it is a religion of peace and the majority of Muslims are peaceful. Why then, do they allow the minority to defile what surely must be sacred to them?

It was fashionable when their hate was targeted solely at the US. Now it is clear to everyone that thier hate knows no bounds. If you are not a Muslim country, you are a target.

Your viewpoint of it is false, that's the problem. If anything, it's more peaceful than Christianity. Zealots like Hezbollah, al Queda, the Knights Templar, etc. exist in every religion. They don't represent the religion. Keep in mind, also, there are 1.8 billion Muslims in the world. How many are causing these problems?

Archived