Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game in mexico

Aberdeenredskin

From what I have read, that was a one time shot for a regular season game. I don't think they plan to do it again anytime soon.

edit: found this at

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060203/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_super_bowl_tagliabue

virtually ruled out another international regular-season game in 2006. Although the 49ers-Cardinals game in Mexico City last October was a huge success, "right now it would be difficult to play a regular-season game outside the United States in this upcoming season."

Arizona has the new stadium this year. They will probably fill it up most of the year because most people will want to check out the new stadium once, so they will want all 8 home games.

The NFL should make the Giants play a home game in a foriegn country the next time one is scheduled to make up for the New Orleans game this year.

Why did they have a game in Mexico to begin with? I really don't understand. It's not a home game so I wonder how they get the teams to agree to it. Or do they just tell them 'you'll play there and that's that'. :whoknows:

They were two of the worst teams in the league - they probably made more money playing in Mexico than they could've in front of their home "crowds." Mexican wrestling is much more entertaining than watching those two teams play - maybe we should setup a foreign exchange program.

Why did they have a game in Mexico to begin with? I really don't understand. It's not a home game so I wonder how they get the teams to agree to it. Or do they just tell them 'you'll play there and that's that'. :whoknows:

I didn't get it either. Way to screw your season ticket holders. Luckily, I don't think Snyder would EVER consent to the Redskins playing a home game abroad.

NFL football is HUGE in Mexico.

Cardinals was an obvious choice since they're most likely the closest.

I had unusually high expectations of the Cardinals for the 2005 season -- which turned out to be a bust.

That game actually set an NFL record for most attendance in any one single game. 110k+ or whatever Azteca Stadium holds.....

You couldn't have paid me enough money to go that game! Mexico City is a dump- I've been there and you're lucky to get out alive.

Actually the Estadio Azteca can sit 110,000 souls, that's a lot and a NFL record for offseason and regular season games. Tagliabu said last years that they would plan another game like this one on another part of the world but not this upcoming season.

in fact, an NFL team in Mexico city or Monterrey (closer to the US) would be a huge success, you can bet on it.

The NFL to Europe experiment died in the 80's. That's like the Preimer League having say Chelsea and Manchester United play a game at FedEx Field.Won't happen.They do pre-season "friendlies here for cash,but that's it.

I think the NFL should move the pre-season game out of Japan.That makes no sense.But didn't the NFL play exhibiton games in Toronto?

A team in Mexico City is not too far fetched of an idea.

I can see it happening especially given that there's a large amount of people who love NFL football.

I've heard that Mexico City is a lot like Las Vegas where the prime source of income is gambling. Maybe a rumor, maybe not.

Archived