Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Turbo Tax?

In Flames

ok, so normally i do my own taxes, but this year is different, im now married, and own a house. My question is simple, does anyone here use it, and is it that simple as the commercial says, cause im kind of confused on the property taxes, and if we should file joint, or seperate. also, i dont know about other areas, but here, because we didnt have 20% to put down on the house, we have to pay private mortgage insurance, is that also tax deductible? i dont wanna forget anything, but yet i dont wanna drop 40 bucks on it if i cant do it right. ANY input would be greatly appreciated.

one other quick question, in case anyone knows. if we file seperate, can we both put the interest and property tax, or does just one of have to do it. fyi, this is why im asking, and reluctant to do this myself, cause i dont know the answers. :)

ok, so normally i do my own taxes, but this year is different, im now married, and own a house. My question is simple, does anyone here use it, and is it that simple as the commercial says, cause im kind of confused on the property taxes, and if we should file joint, or seperate. also, i dont know about other areas, but here, because we didnt have 20% to put down on the house, we have to pay private mortgage insurance, is that also tax deductible? i dont wanna forget anything, but yet i dont wanna drop 40 bucks on it if i cant do it right. ANY input would be greatly appreciated.

one other quick question, in case anyone knows. if we file seperate, can we both put the interest and property tax, or does just one of have to do it. fyi, this is why im asking, and reluctant to do this myself, cause i dont know the answers. :)

I'm no tax expert, But turbo tax is easy as pie. I own my own home, wife is an indepentant contractor in addition to her full time job and turbo tax makes it easy.

To answer your 2nd question. one 1 person can claim the interest and property tax. The same as 2 seperate people can claim dependants. Only 1 person can. But again, I'm no expert.

Archived