Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

possible blockbuster trade for the skins

shallyshal

i was thinking about a possible blockbuster trade between the skins and jets.

we send them ramsey and arrington and in return they tag abraham and send him to us along with justin mccairens.

before everybody spazzes out about givng up 2 former first rounders, think it through a little bit. neither ramsey or arrington is likely to figure that much inthe team's plans for next year and beyond. lavar has been in and out of the doghouse so many times it is only amatter of time before he and lindsay go round and round again and he goes public with his displeasure

in return we fill 2 of the largest holes on the roster and free up our draft picks to be used for depth on the offensive line and wherever the team feels it needs it.

the jets get a potential starter at qb and a potential superstar to put onthe worlds largest stage. a match made inheaven.

i leave the money and cap implications to the bean counters, but it seems to make so much sense on many levels

what do y'all think ??

I'm not sure I believe the premise that LaVar is on his way out, or that another blowup is imminent.

It's a nice idea, but I think the Jets might get tired of looking like they're getting the short end of the stick-- and comparatively, I think they WOULD be getting the short end here... a QB who doesn't rank highly, and and a great LB in return for a great DE and a more than just good WR?

I don't think the trade's quite fair for the Jets, so I don't think this'll happen...

I think our interactions with the Jets should be null and void.

1. No chance in Hell i would take Justin McCariens (We already HAD Rod Gardner).

2. I would NEVER package Ramsey and Arrington in a deal.

3. Tired of the Skins winning the Off Season Championship (Stick to what we have no major departures/big money acquisitions). We will eventually get the Coles money back.

Some Sports Writers out there think Ramsey and Arrington are each worth only a 4th rounder. If Gibbs really promised Ramsey that he would be playing elsewhere next year then Skins will get something in trade but perhaps not as much as we were hoping. Arrington didn't really add a lot to the Skins this past year but if he's cut or traded then Skins need to replace him. Marshall can always take Arrington's spot but then the Skins again need a starting MLB. I'd hate for the Skins to use a high draft pick on another LB when they could use additional depth on the OL and DL.

I heard that the jets and chargers were in a rumor trade,that would send Rivers and first round pick to the jets for Abraham.But who knows.

Silly rumours. About as baseless as the TO to DC ones. The Chargers had no interest in trading Rivers even before Brees got hurt. That's doubly true now that he has.

I heard that the jets and chargers were in a rumor trade,that would send Rivers and first round pick to the jets for Abraham.But who knows.

with brees getting injured in their last game of the season I think the bolts will keep rivers around one more year for insurance.

I don't think I really want to hear the words redskins and blockbuster trade in the same sentence this offseason.

Archived