Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about Antonio Bryant?

boobiemiles

As MidPennSkins pointed out, Jurevicius is 6-5, 230.

Line him up next to Cooley on a crossing route and the defense wont know to go after them, Moss streaking past them all or after Portis.

Why does everybody want Joe J? he's a solid #3 in Sea. and has never shown skill that is equal to a game changing #2. Throw in the fact he's on the wrong side of 30, no offense to the older guys here, and he'd be here what he is in Sea. a #3 slot WR, with little to no chance of breaking a deep play. Bryant, Koren Robinson, Reggie Wayne, and some of the other WR's mentioned have the ability to make defense's pay, big time, if they choose to double Moss and put 8 in the box against CP.

I like Joe J, he's a good team guy, hard worker, etc. but he's not the type of #2 that will get the respect to open up the field for Moss and the rest of the team. If we do get him we still need to address the WR depth with a legit NFL #2. I would like him as a #3/Red Zone threat.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Jimmy SMith is more productive, more professional, and a great route runner. Perfect Compliment to The Great Santana

good point about jimmy smith...but how old is he, he has to be in his mid 30's. Your size doesnt determine how physical you are. Antonio can do it all, he would be a fantastic addition. As far as his character issues go, you didnt hear a peep out of him. He had a rookie, Charlie Frye, and Old Man Trent Dilfer throwing to him. In Our offense next to moss he would break out.:koolaid:

good point about jimmy smith...but how old is he, he has to be in his mid 30's. Your size doesnt determine how physical you are. Antonio can do it all, he would be a fantastic addition. As far as his character issues go, you didnt hear a peep out of him. He had a rookie, Charlie Frye, and Old Man Trent Dilfer throwing to him. In Our offense next to moss he would break out.:koolaid:

Jimmy Smith is 36, but I think he would be a great addition, better than Jurevicius atleast.

1. He has a good release

2. EXCELLENT route runner

3. Makes moves after the catch

4. Not scared to go inside

5. Good with short to medium routes (what a #2 reciever is asked to do)

5. Solid and physical

Bryant was a veryvery bad route runner in Dallas, he gave up way too often. And coming out of college his release was a big concern. He did get better but I definately would not include it in his strong points.

Not to mention he drops a lot of easy balls. I definately wouldn't lose any sleep if the Skins' signed him up.

1. He has a good release

2. EXCELLENT route runner

3. Makes moves after the catch

4. Not scared to go inside

5. Good with short to medium routes (what a #2 reciever is asked to do)

5. Solid and physical

So, his one knock was his blocking? I am sure that can be coached up and the fact that he does not have deep speed does not make him slow. Have you seen this guy run? He makes absolutely huge strides.

Once again with the not a Joe Gibbs guy thing, he had an incident with Parcells...Parcells is not Gibbs he treats players with respect and you have to factor in that the guy may have even matured by now. IMO, Bryant is perfect for this team.

Actually he runs routes Horribly and has a piss poor work ethic. He freelances way to much on his routes.

Thats old man, thats real old, ancient even! He has MAYBE one, if he's lucky two years left. But if he doesnt cost very much, he would be a great addition.

All you need is one good year to win a super bowl...Jurevicius is 33 and has never put up 1000 yards. Smith has atleast 6-8 1000 yard seasons including 2005, the guy is still a playmaker.

Bryant was a veryvery bad route runner in Dallas, he gave up way too often. And coming out of college his release was a big concern. He did get better but I definately would not include it in his strong points.

Not to mention he drops a lot of easy balls. I definately wouldn't lose any sleep if the Skins' signed him up.

There will be alot of other things Cowboys fans will lose sleep over in 06-07.

I can't believe you guys are falling down on the job this way. So, since none of you have mentioned it yet, here's the obligatory "Why don't we sign him to a vet. min. F.A. contract?" statement/question.

You newbies have gotta learn that we've got standards on this board! C'mon, let's step it up.:)

I can't believe you guys are falling down on the job this way. So, since none of you have mentioned it yet, here's the obligatory "Why don't we sign him to a vet. min. F.A. contract?" statement/question.

You newbies have gotta learn that we've got standards on this board! C'mon, let's step it up.:)

are you talkin about smith or bryant?

Does anybody remember him in Dallas when he played us? He burned Champ deep on one play caught the ball, went out of bounds and then got a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct because he celebrated the catch too much. The guy is a head case. I wouldn't take him.

are you talkin about smith or bryant?

I was talking about A.B. However I wasn't suggesting we really sign him. Rather, it was a subtle comedic poke at the fact that someone always suggests that option whenever a suggestion is made that we sign Mayor McCheese, Emo Phillips, David Loverne (...or you fill in the blank with any other ridiculous name you can think of).

Truth be told, I'd rather we left A.B. alone...he doesn't pass the sniff test if you ask me. I've said before he reminds me of a combination of Albert Connell minus the self control and T.O. minus the antipsychotic drugs. Now how good does that sound? :rolleyes:

Archived