Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about Antonio Bryant?

boobiemiles

I'm surprise that I haven' seen a ringing endorsement for us to get this guy. Here are his stats:

Height: 6'2

Weight:188

Catches in 2005:69 (love that number)

Yards in 2005:1009

Average yards per catch: 14.6

And he did tis with a limp arm Dilfer, and a rookie QB. I like his height. And I think he can be the possesion reciever we need. Is there a reason why nobody is talking about this guy?

Thank you for starting this thread! All these Randle El threads should be Antonio Bryant threads. I think he has what it takes to be a number one wr in this leauge. Plus, he would love the chance to stick it to the cowboys twice a year, showing them what they are missing out on. What round did they draft him??

Knocks against Bryant.

1. Former Cowboy

2. Has a history of trouble with this head coach.

3. Look at his scout inc report

2005 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 72 | Key

Alert: C

Comment:

He shows excellent burst on his release. He is an excellent route runner - can stick his foot in the ground and get out quickly. He is excellent with the ball in his hands - can take a quick throw and make a play. Will go inside and catch in traffic. He does not have big-time deep speed but he can consistently separate short to intermediate. He shows excellent competes - wants the ball and will go up and try to take it away from the defender. He has solid size and a physical body type. He needs to improve as a blocker - can be better if his effort improves. He has some big play/bad play to him.

Doesnt seem to be the type of character guy that Gibbs wants.

edited for my stupidity...

Yeah Im all for Antonio Bryant. I can remember thinking back when he was at Pitt that he was gonna be a beast in the NFL. While he hasn't really proven it yet, I think 2006 will be his break out year and I hope it will be with the skins. He will be a lot chearper to aquire than someone like Randel El. I think the main issue will be whether he is a "character" guy, but I think he gets more of a bad rap than he deserves on that issue.

I'm surprise that I haven' seen a ringing endorsement for us to get this guy. Here are his stats:

Height: 6'2

Weight:188

Catches in 2005:69 (love that number)

Yards in 2005:1009

Average yards per catch: 14.6

And he did tis with a limp arm Dilfer, and a rookie QB. I like his height. And I think he can be the possesion reciever we need. Is there a reason why nobody is talking about this guy?

Fox Sports has him ranked as the #3 Unrestricted Free Agent for wide receivers. They stated that he's had an inconsistent career, but proved this past year that he is a starter.

LOL where did I see U of Miami.

wait I had another player profile up at the same time.. :laugh:

I need to actually go back to work now.... :cheers:

Probably thought you were in one of the Reggie Wayne or Sinorce Moss threads, they are numerous, I sometimes get lost too.

But I agree with your earlier post that Gibbs needs to really sit down and evaluate his character before making any decisions. Assuming of course Bryant is even on the Skins radar.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

He is too light in weight. We need a guy who is about 225:logo::logo::logo:

225!!!???? All we need is a good reciever that can make big plays. I think that Antonio has is a good player, and Joe can work on his character issues. I like the fact that Antonio was productive in spite of the poor play at QB. He can fit in with Bru, and help groom Campbell.

I like Bryant, remember he doesn't get along with Bill Parcells- so he should have some kind of hatred for the cowboys- sounds like a true skin to me, and he might be the best solution because it shouldn't take a lot of money to sign him- (Diamond in the Rough) Joe Gibbs has made a career off of those type players.

Well T.O. and David Boston are your only options then... good luck with that.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

As MidPennSkins pointed out, Jurevicius is 6-5, 230.

Line him up next to Cooley on a crossing route and the defense wont know to go after them, Moss streaking past them all or after Portis.

I really dont understand how people could be against Bryant joining the Skins? He has all the tools you need to be the perfect compliment to Moss, he is young, fast, and big. Who cares that he is an ex-cowboy? He was drafted by them, it wasn't his choice. So what if had had problems with Parcells? He had absolutely no problems with Crennell and we know that Parcells and Gibbs are polar opposites. Bryant should be the number one guy we target this offseason.

I really dont understand how people could be against Bryant joining the Skins? He has all the tools you need to be the perfect compliment to Moss, he is young, fast, and big. Who cares that he is an ex-cowboy? He was drafted by them, it wasn't his choice. So what if had had problems with Parcells? He had absolutely no problems with Crennell and we know that Parcells and Gibbs are polar opposites. Bryant should be the number one guy we target this offseason.

He's not fast. Look at the scouts inc report on him that I posted on the first page.

He's not big. He's 190 lbs dripping wet with pads on.

He's a known clubhouse distraction.

Not a Gibbs guy.

Knocks against Bryant.

1. Former Cowboy

2. Has a history of trouble with this head coach.

3. Look at his scout inc report

2005 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 72 | Key

Alert: C

Comment:

He shows excellent burst on his release. He is an excellent route runner - can stick his foot in the ground and get out quickly. He is excellent with the ball in his hands - can take a quick throw and make a play. Will go inside and catch in traffic. He does not have big-time deep speed but he can consistently separate short to intermediate. He shows excellent competes - wants the ball and will go up and try to take it away from the defender. He has solid size and a physical body type. He needs to improve as a blocker - can be better if his effort improves. He has some big play/bad play to him.

Doesnt seem to be the type of character guy that Gibbs wants.

edited for my stupidity...

1. He has a good release

2. EXCELLENT route runner

3. Makes moves after the catch

4. Not scared to go inside

5. Good with short to medium routes (what a #2 reciever is asked to do)

5. Solid and physical

So, his one knock was his blocking? I am sure that can be coached up and the fact that he does not have deep speed does not make him slow. Have you seen this guy run? He makes absolutely huge strides.

Once again with the not a Joe Gibbs guy thing, he had an incident with Parcells...Parcells is not Gibbs he treats players with respect and you have to factor in that the guy may have even matured by now. IMO, Bryant is perfect for this team.

Archived