Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Art Monk and the NFL Shield

NAILBOMB9

I read on jim yackel's website that Art Monk used to take the NFL shield off of his jersey. (you can email him for confirmation at www.jimyackel.com) Can you image the fine that the league would levy against a player for taking off their NFL shield!? Portis and Taylor paid big money for having different socks. What do you guys think the fine/discipline would be for removing a shield these days?

I read on jim yackel's website that Art Monk used to take the NFL shield off of his jersey. (you can email him for confirmation at www.jimyackel.com) Can you image the fine that the league would levy against a player for taking off their NFL shield!? Portis and Taylor paid big money for having different socks. What do you guys think the fine/discipline would be for removing a shield these days?

I don't believe the shield was on any jersey then!

if i remember correctly monk heavily altered his jerseys. the thing i remember most is that he removed some fabric off the sleves. Under the stripes printed on the sleves there is a bit of the fabric...if i remember correctly he used to cut that ring of fabric off his jersey. it was something they talked about during a before a game and it stuck in my memory as a kid.

Believe me or not but I noticed that in 1991 when the NFL first put the Shield on the Jerseys Art did not have one on his.

Hera are pictures from Super Bowl XXVI. :whoknows:

monk_art.jpg

XXVIbig.jpg

RypienSB.jpg

also note, like i said in my earlier post...monk cut the fabric off under the stripes on his sleves. notice ryp has the white bit of fabric, monk does not...

Why are you so worried about it?? Doesn't really matter to me, or anybody else on this board besides you for that matter

Obviously some people found it worth discussing. Maybe this is a thread you should have just scrolled on by.. :(

Archived