Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has anyone ever been in a riot?

webnarc

I was in Bradford England visiting a friend when this happend,.... http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/UK/07/08/bradford.injured/index.html I lhad to navigate through a few streets on fire and people throwing stones and anything else they could get therer hands on, I saw people taking machetes,hammers and other dangerous tool from a hardware store and pounding on people with them, it was crazy, I don't like to reflect on that night, I was just thankful Im a bigger guy and no one had a go at me. Especially since I was white and on the wrong side of the police line it was VERY INTENSE. My friends house was a block away from the main rioting and we did not sleep a wink that night, we baracaded the doors and windows the best we could incase the riot poored down his street.

I was in Bradford England visiting a friend when this happend,.... http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/UK/07/08/bradford.injured/index.html I lhad to navigate through a few streets on fire and people throwing stones and anything else they could get therer hands on, I saw people taking machetes,hammers and other dangerous tool from a hardware store and pounding on people with them, it was crazy, I don't like to reflect on that night, I was just thankful Im a bigger guy and no one had a go at me. Especially since I was white and on the wrong side of the police line it was VERY INTENSE. My friends house was a block away from the main rioting and we did not sleep a wink that night, we baracaded the doors and windows the best we could incase the riot poored down his street.

I've heard that they nicknamed Bradford "Bradistan"

Found myself smack in the middle of a rock, bottle, whatever throwing group and a line of riot police in full gear during the 1998 World Cup in France. I was walking with a friend in the middle of the Champs Elysee chatting away, when I stopped and looked around. I said sh-- and we took off running just before all hell broke loose. Pretty funny memory.

My freshman year of college...a week before classes actually started... there was this annual block party in Forrest Hills (town house neighborhood). The party was insane, and the police came in their riot gear and started spraying tear gas. I was close enough that I could feel it stinging my eyes, so we went into some random house for cover. The police were shooting at people with rubber bullets. People were lighting dumpsters on fire.

I knew then I had chosen to attend the right school.

J....M....U....DUUUUUUUUUUUUUKES!!!!!

My freshman year of college...a week before classes actually started... there was this annual block party in Forrest Hills (town house neighborhood). The party was insane, and the police came in their riot gear and started spraying tear gas. I was close enough that I could feel it stinging my eyes, so we went into some random house for cover. The police were shooting at people with rubber bullets. People were lighting dumpsters on fire.

Same thing with me. Freshman year at WVU. Grant Street block party. Years before the Grant Street block party was totally fine, then several years back it got out of hand so the city shut it down. My freshman year the students tried to have it anyways, but the city sent in the friggin' riot police and tear gassed the whole block.

Funny thing was, it was totally a great time and calm until the police showed up to "restore order."

Also, the Millenium New Years in New Orleans. About 2 in the morning, Bourbon Street was so packed you couldnt really move and some ******* decides to either shoot off a gun or light a firecracker. Either way, everyone panicked. Me and my friends forced our way past the bouncers into a bar. Cops had to come out on horseback. It was absolutely crazy.

Yeah...that's what I was looking for in a school when I chose. Riots and rubber bullets...I felt so unfulfilled...:( :laugh:

i was being facetious ;)

and don't hate, jrock. JMU always had and always will have some great parties.

I know the party you are talking about. My buddies were right in the middle of it, as was the whole school I guess. They lived in Hunters Ridge the past few years....I've seen some crazy **** there.

Archived