Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are your favorite classic movies?

LApunkrocker72

Hello, fellow Redskins supporters. I was wondering how many of you are also classic movie fans.

I happen to be a fan of classic movies, especially gangster flicks and film noirs. So I figured it would be fun to compile a list of your favorite classic movies.

The only criteria I have for this list is that the movie must have been released in 1980 or before.

Well, here's my list:

1. Caddyshack

2. Slap Shot

3. Animal House

4. Gun Crazy

5. Out of the Past

6. Angels with Dirty Faces

7. This Gun for Hire

8. The Asphalt Jungle

9. The Big Sleep

10. King Kong

Hello, fellow Redskins supporters. I was wondering how many of you are also classic movie fans.

I happen to be a fan of classic movies, especially gangster flicks and film noirs. So I figured it would be fun to compile a list of your favorite classic movies.

The only criteria I have for this list is that the movie must have been released in 1980 or before.

Well, here's my list:

1. Caddyshack

2. Slap Shot

3. Animal House

4. Gun Crazy

5. Out of the Past

6. Angels with Dirty Faces

7. This Gun for Hire

8. The Asphalt Jungle

9. The Big Sleep

10. King Kong

Your top three i fully agree with - but i'd stay with 'stupid' comedies.

Holy Grail

Blazing Saddles

Blues Bros.

Stripes

Airplane!

Dr. Strangelove...

1) Bullet (greatest car chase scene ever!)

2) The Great escape

3) The Dirty Dozen

4) Animal House

5) The Godfather

7)Caddyshack

8) Stripes

9) The Blues Brothers

10) Tora Tora Tora

*edit* kinda have a thing for those history movies. Being a History major i am a big dork for those kinda things

In no particular order -

His Girl Friday

Casablanca

The Great Escape

Dirty Dozen

North by Northwest

all of the "Thin Man" movies

Key Largo

Charade

I love old movies. They are not necessarily better than newer films (and there are many good modern films), but they did have a feel to them that many modern films are missing.

Just a supplemental...but Steve McQueen was, in my opinion, the best "classic movie" actor. The Great escape, bullit, cinncinatti kid...this guy was cool. At 22 years old I still see those movies and think what a B.A. he had to have been.

a movie i forgot...Cool Hand Luke

High Noon, Meet John Doe (Gary Cooper is one of the most forgotten great actors ever, go rent some of his stuff - NOW), Friendly Persuasion, Rear Window, French Connection, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, North by Northwest, Maltese Falcon, On the Waterfront...

And many many more.

I'm into the Film Noir stuff

Night of the Hunter - Robert Mitchum's best film

A Touch of Evil

DOA

The Big Sleep

Double Indemnity

Out of the Past

There are lots of more recent movies that are truly great, like The Godfather and Chinatown, but those six are true classics.

Hmmm...haven't seen this movie but I always thought the best car chase scene ever was from Ronin. Have you seen that one to compare?

yes i have....Bullitt by far. But I am a "Classisist" I'd say when it comes to cars. And it doesn't get much better than a Green low Key Mustang fastback and a black on black on black '68 charger barrelling through the streets of San Fran. MMMMMMMM GT390....MMMM 440 Mopar....I love it

*Do a Yahoo search for Bullitt, then click on the video search, you can watch the entire thing there probably...Or better yet, rent it, good movie too!

Archived