Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Peta Kills Animals???

SnyderShrugged

I heard about a web site on the radio today and checked it out when I got home.

Admittedly, I'm biased against PETA for their shenanigans in relation to hunting and for their affiliation with the extremist group "animal liberation front"

That being said, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for all animals, even those I hunt (culling the herd).

If this information is true, and the link to various documents seem to proove, then this organization should be held accountable to it's fullest.

check it out. It's disturbing to say the least.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/index.cfm

Guest Gichin13

Anyone not believing PETA kills animals ... I would suggest watching the Penn and Teller "Bull****" Episode about PETA. Apparently, the documentation on euthenasia expenses, including construction of a huge fridge to store animal bodies in, was part of their 501©(3) financial disclosures.

Guest Gichin13

PS -- I was in Virginia Beach for a case when those PETA employees were arrested and the news reports match that link. It was big news in the Tidewater news as I believe PETA's main headquarters is down in Norfolk ...

Anyone not believing PETA kills animals ... I would suggest watching the Penn and Teller "Bull****" Episode about PETA. Apparently, the documentation on euthenasia expenses, including construction of a huge fridge to store animal bodies in, was part of their 501©(3) financial disclosures.

I wasn't saying yay or nay, but from what I read on that website, it didn't look like there was any kind of difinitive proof...:whoknows:

For those interested, here is the Penn & Teller episode of Bull**** where they talk about Peta.

From what I read, the only people killing animals are these two people Hinkle and Cook. There is no real proof against PETA as an organization. Maybe I'm reading it wrong? :whoknows:

You may want to read more than the first section next time...

PETA's Dirty Secret

Hypocrisy is the mother of all credibility problems, and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has it in spades. While loudly complaining about the "unethical" treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, the group has its own dirty little secret.

PETA kills animals. By the thousands.

From July 1998 through the end of 2004, PETA killed over 12,400 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals" -- at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. That's more than five defenseless animals every day. Not counting the dogs and cats PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 85 percent of the animals it took in during 2003 alone. And its angel-of-death pattern shows no sign of changing.

Year Received† Adopted Killed Transferred % Killed % Adopted

2004 2,640 361 2,278 1 86.3 13.7

2003 2,224 312 1,911 1 85.9 14.0

2002 2,680 382 2,298 2 85.7 14.3

2001 2,685 703 1,944 14 72.4 26.2

2000 2,684 624 2,029 28 75.6 23.2

1999 1,805 386 1,328 91 73.6 21.4

* 1998 943 133 685 125 72.6 14.1

Total 15,661 2,901 12,473 262 79.6 18.5

* figures represent the second half of 1998 only

† other than spay/neuter animals

» skeptical? click here to see the proof

On its 2002 federal income-tax return, PETA claimed a $9,370 write-off for a giant walk-in freezer, the kind most people use as a meat locker or for ice-cream storage. But animal-rights activists don't eat meat or dairy foods. So far, the group hasn't confirmed the obvious -- that it's using the appliance to store the bodies of its victims.

In 2000, when the Associated Press first noted PETA's Kervorkian-esque tendencies, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk complained that actually taking care of animals costs more than killing them. "We could become a no-kill shelter immediately," she admitted.

PETA kills animals. Because it has other financial priorities.

PETA raked in nearly $29 million last year in income, much of it raised from pet owners who think their donations actually help animals. Instead, the group spends huge sums on programs equating people who eat chicken with Nazis, scaring young children away from drinking milk, recruiting children into the radical animal-rights lifestyle, and intimidating businessmen and their families in their own neighborhoods. PETA has also spent tens of thousands of dollars defending arsonists and other violent extremists.

PETA claims it engages in outrageous media-seeking stunts "for the animals." But which animals? Carping about the value of future two-piece dinners while administering lethal injections to puppies and kittens isn't ethical. It's hypocritical -- with a death toll that PETA would protest if it weren't their own doing.

PETA kills animals. And its leaders dare lecture the rest of us.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/petaKillsAnimals.cfm

Is PETA against the euthanization of animals?

Obviously not! :D

Although I know they have protested various Vets for putting down sick animals.

Strange how they can justify killing any animals considering their supposed ideology.

Especially when it was to save money to make comics to give to kids entitles "Your daddy killed fluffy" and such.

You may want to read more than the first section next time...

No, I read that part. They say PETA kills animals, but the only proof they have is that they bought a walk-in freezer. :confused:

Granted, I watched the Penn & Teller thing, and its a little more convincing.

Let's not get it twisted -- I'm for animal rights, but I also support animal testing for medical purposes. I'm not a big fan of testing shampoo and other beauty products on animals, or similar testing.

I also volunteered at a no-kill animal shelter for roughly 6 months. It was an animal shelter that did not euthanize animals, keeping them until a family could be found. Now, there were some dogs that had been there for years, living in 10 x 4 foot runs (or so) that were probably never going to get adopted. A couple of them finally did get adopted, but not all of them would. Now, I feel like there should be a happy medium. Some of these places that only wait 2 weeks before they euthanize go a little fast, but keeping dogs in the cages for years also seems cruel to me. I don't know...the world will never be perfect. :whoknows:

No, I read that part. They say PETA kills animals, but the only proof they have is that they bought a walk-in freezer. :confused:

Granted, I watched the Penn & Teller thing, and its a little more convincing.

Let's not get it twisted -- I'm for animal rights, but I also support animal testing for medical purposes. I'm not a big fan of testing shampoo and other beauty products on animals, or similar testing.

I also volunteered at a no-kill animal shelter for roughly 6 months. It was an animal shelter that did not euthanize animals, keeping them until a family could be found. Now, there were some dogs that had been there for years, living in 10 x 4 foot runs (or so) that were probably never going to get adopted. A couple of them finally did get adopted, but not all of them would. Now, I feel like there should be a happy medium. Some of these places that only wait 2 weeks before they euthanize go a little fast, but keeping dogs in the cages for years also seems cruel to me. I don't know...the world will never be perfect. :whoknows:

JRock. Check the link to the Adobe docs with the evidence. It's buried in the "dirty little secret" part, but it's interesting.

People honestly didn't know PETA euthanized animals??? I thought that was common knowledge, in fact they freely admit it. That is how they try to deal with overpopulation, I mean they aren't trying to hide it, as it is on their 503 return. . .

That doesn't mean that I agree with the organization, but I knew they euthanized pets, I guess form the sounds of it you guys did not :whoknows:

Yeah...I looked at the indictments, but they are all against Hinkle and Cook...

They were indictments, but has the case been heard yet? I assume they would be responsible for illegal disposal of pet remains, but not the felony of killing the animals, but that is just my guess.

They were indictments, but has the case been heard yet? I assume they would be responsible for illegal disposal of pet remains, but not the felony of killing the animals, but that is just my guess.

As far as I know, they are just indictments at this point. And they just name Hinkle and Cook, not PETA. Now if they were PETA employees, maybe a distinction could be made, but then again, they could be plants or something like that...:whoknows:

Nullify the vegetarian moral crusade:

bigpot6.jpg

Ever get the feeling that vegetarians consider themselves morally superior to you? Like they think that not eating meat makes them so special that their **** doesn't stink? As if when someone stops eating meat, they suddenly become holy and dignified and it excuses them for the years of inconvenience and frustration they inevitably inflict upon their friends, family and co-workers who just want to go to a restaurant and order a damn steak without constantly being reminded that they're going to hell for eating an animal that spends most of its life ****ting in a field. There are those of us who don't have a hyperactive sense of guilt and we don't give a **** about your mixed up self-righteous moral vegetarian agenda.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sponsor

Two things.

1 - PETA is nuts. They don't care about animals in the sense that they want them treated with kindness. They think we should just stay the hell out of an animals way and eat grass....assuming a cow doesn't want it in which case we are to feed on our young.

2 - These threads often turn into a odd sort of anti-animal thing where people joyfully makes jokes like "eating tasty animals". This kind of irks me because there really is some sick **** going on and just because PETA is a pack of deer in people outfits demanding we remove ourselves from the top of the food chain doesn't mean the cause of animal welfare should take a hit.

I will give PETA credit for something though. They have nailed some labs that because the government refuses to enforce it's laws, were pretty much torturing animals. And they've made some videos most of you are too scared to watch. I always suggest people watch "Meet Your Meat" for example and no one ever does.

i saw that! best TV show ever!

People honestly didn't know PETA euthanized animals??? I thought that was common knowledge, in fact they freely admit it. That is how they try to deal with overpopulation, I mean they aren't trying to hide it, as it is on their 503 return. . .

That doesn't mean that I agree with the organization, but I knew they euthanized pets, I guess form the sounds of it you guys did not :whoknows:

i don't pay enough attention to know. i do know that it flies in the face of everything they preach.

and the % of animals that they euthanize is absolutely astounding.

Nullify the vegetarian moral crusade:

bigpot6.jpg

Ever get the feeling that vegetarians consider themselves morally superior to you? Like they think that not eating meat makes them so special that their **** doesn't stink? As if when someone stops eating meat, they suddenly become holy and dignified and it excuses them for the years of inconvenience and frustration they inevitably inflict upon their friends, family and co-workers who just want to go to a restaurant and order a damn steak without constantly being reminded that they're going to hell for eating an animal that spends most of its life ****ting in a field. There are those of us who don't have a hyperactive sense of guilt and we don't give a **** about your mixed up self-righteous moral vegetarian agenda.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sponsor

you know, not all vegetarians are over-preachy ****es. some of them just decide for themselves, and let everyone else be. (please don't eat me)

Archived