Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FoxSports.com: Roethlisberger admits: 'I don't think I got in'

sableholic

Roethlisberger admits: 'I don't think I got in'

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5313884

"Roethlisberger told Letterman that he didn't think he scored on a controversial play in the second quarter that put the Steelers ahead for good 7-3. Roethlisberger dove toward the end zone but didn't appear to get the ball to touch the goal line. But officials on the field signaled touchdown.

"I told Coach, 'I don't think I got in,'" Roethlisberger told Letterman. "But we were getting ready to go for it on fourth down anyway, and I would have run it again. So we would have found a way to get in.""

And it gets even more interesting. I'll go on record and say he didnt get in. Lots of bad calls that game.

The game is over.

The Steelers had 2 TD's that DID go in. There's 14 points.

The Seahawks had 1 FG and 1 TD. There's 10 points there.

So take Ben's questionable TD away and they still won the game!!!

Oh, and for arguements sake... let's not forget about Seattles 2 missed FG's.

Had they made those, the score would've been 16-14 in their favor.

Notice how no Seahawk fans are complaining about the missed FG's?

Wasn't that the same kicker who missed a FG against us in Week 4?

We went on to win that game in overtime.

Seattle... you lost. Accept it.

Concentrate on next season... and concentrate on convincing Alexander NOT to leave.

END RANT

He didn't get in. It was obvious to a bunch of people when it happened. And the same held when it was looked at again in replay, and was continued to be decided as such with further slow-mo and digital framing. :)

Although a bunch of other people looked at all the same things with all the same sensory apparatus and came to the the opposite conclusion. :)

And the all pics shown either don't show anything definitive, or they don't show what others see looking at the same thing, or they are wrong in some other way. :silly:

I love these discussions. :D

Twas a good call..the way he was holding the ball, it was touching the inside of his arm and against his forarm. His forearm clearly pasted the line...which in turn, makes the ball cross the line. Even though, personally, I didn't want it to..lol Oh well, no big deal to me. Congrats Steelers!

No one knows for sure. All these experts are becoming a colossal bore. Ben is honest, unlike many in the NFL.
No offense, but Ben probably wasn't looking at the ball as much as the defenders as he was diving. There have been many times I didn't think I did something, but ended up being wrong. Even though I do commend him for saying that. I still believe that was one of the only good calls made in that game.

I think the Steelers, even with ultra-conservative Cowher, go for it on 4th and inches anyhow. They likely make it with Big Ben on a sneak. I wish people would focus more on the other botched calls, virtually all of which went for the home team.
I totally agree with you.

shooting the err.. stuff, with letterman is one thing, but actually making a statement and saying "i don't believe i got in" is another.

what's wrong with him doubting whether or not he got in? it's not his call, it's the line ref's. and he did a great job calling it, because you can clearly see that he broke the line.

I can't tell from that picture and I don't think he got in but that isn't why Seattle lost. I did find it weird that the ref saw enough to call it a TD on the field. He seemed to be about to spot the ball, raising the second hand once Ben was down and shifted the ball but it aint the Skins so nevermind...

If the tight end makes a few catches, though, who knows?

Archived