Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilbon's Hypocrisy on PTI

bubba9497

Yeah I was laughing at him. :doh If refs make horrendous calls like they did in the two games mentioned it needs to be pointed out otherwise the problems will continue. Doing something about the refs is a hot topic because people are talking about it.

Oddly enough the Superbowl ref job reminded me so much of the bs calls the skins got the last 2 years (Denver in particular) that I was getting po'd just watching what felt like a Redskin game. The NFL is starting to remind me of the NBA with all the subjective calls and hidden agendas.

Mike Wilbon who ripped Joe Gibbs for publicly complaining about the refs following the Bucs game,.......now he just okay'd Holmgren ripping the refs, even worse questioning the refs integrity, when he said "we didn't know we had to play against the refs too"

:wtf:

Just more proof that the mediots are

RETARDED!

Hail!:point2sky

lordoftherings.JPG

Just more proof that the mediots are

RETARDED!

Hail!:point2sky

Succint, and True. These shows (Rome is burning, Around the Horn, 1st and 10, PTI) are full of hypocrisy. But what do you expect when you are just giving your opinion on a week to week basis. It can all change, and they can't have a catalog in front of them of all the boneheaded things they have said in the past. The show itself leaves it open to hypocrisy, which is why I have stopped watching them recently.

Besides, Wilbon is an open Bears fanatic, and he writes for the post, so I can never really take him seriously when he talks about the Redskins. He will blast them on his show, then write all these praises in the post.

Big Bens TD, no different than the 2pt conversion for TB

Push off by Steevens, no different then the call against Patton in Denver

Seattle was finally called for holding, it's about freakin time, does anyone remember our DE getting tackled on Hasselbecks TD run?

I call it poetic justice and Wilbon can eat :pooh: This is just another fine example of him hating on the Skins while swinging from another teams jock.

While he hasn't been a target of Gibbs/Redskins, I think Wilbon has said in the past that he wants the Redskins (Snyder/Gibbs) to stop with the attacks on members of the media and that the Skins are being petty. Wilbon would never attack Joe Gibbs directly but poking fun at him about the ref complaints are his way to get a dig at Gibbs.

I agreed with Wilbon's article, but I wonder if we get ingored so often because it's just the Boy Crying Wolf syndrome to these guys, even though most of our gripes are pretty legit IMO.

I watched the complete local coverage of that welcome home and two things stood out to me:

First, i felt they handled it well, and differing from some here, I liked what Homlgren said and that he didn't pull some phony high-road BS. As a matter of fact, he was lees emotional about the refs in the SB than GIbss has been in interviews during regular season games And the players blamed their own mistakes, not seizing their opportunities, and not playing their best game on offense. They generally acted like I'd want our guys to act, though that comment may set off all the instant seasquak experts/haters sprung from the soil since we lost to them.

Second, they really need to build a winning fan-base like the Big Boys. I know they don't have multi-generation winning football heritage of many NFL cities but you have to start somewhere. And they didn't send near enough fans to the SB. Of course I'd expect double the PIT fans anway, but it should not have been 5 or 6 to 1.

I was embarrassed for the city that only 3-4000 people showed up to welcome them back on this deal. There would have been 10-15 times the B & G in the same situation. I know it was scheduled at a bad time on a workday, and it's not that nearly that populated or broad an area to draw from, but jeez, these folks need to start somewhere sometime in making the twelth man more than a temporary bandwagon phenom. There could have been no better place to start then welcoming their boys home and thanking them for getting them to the Big Show and showing a pretty young team they believe they can do it again (except next year we'll stop them). :2cents:

Big Bens TD, no different than the 2pt conversion for TB

Push off by Steevens, no different then the call against Patton in Denver

Seattle was finally called for holding, it's about freakin time, does anyone remember our DE getting tackled on Hasselbecks TD run?

I call it poetic justice and Wilbon can eat :pooh: This is just another fine example of him hating on the Skins while swinging from another teams jock.

:notworthy :notworthy :applause:

Sir, you hit it right on the head. I wanted to make that same point, but I just couldn't remember all of the games that those plays occured in.

Honestly. I am a die hard fan that was born and raised in DC, I have been

alive for almost 30 years, and still remember crying so hard when really

young when the raiders beat us back on that horrendous day. I bleed burgundy and gold! Now why am saying this? I seriously think that as

a pure, sports journalist Michael Wilbon is the best newspaper/television journalist from our area. When you watch PTI, you are watching a

national produced program with a national audience; therefore,

the "talent" on the show cannot consistently push the local town

team. You can't; we would be the only ones watching. I think we

should focus on other areas of interest like why they hell do we constantly get bad offciating? I cannot remember one time that tough calls have gone for us since the 91 season.

We see them as reporters, but they are indeed columnists. They are supposed to offer opinion and get folks talking. That's what they do.

I discount just about everything they say. Wilbon loves the Bears and Cubs. Thats ok as long as he lets everyone know his perspective.

Now the real rub is when some reporters come off as reporters but are really columnists. They put opinion thoughtout a supposed "sports news" story. Thats why ES is so valuable. Now they have to be careful. WE are watching THEM (are you listening WP?)!

Wilbon has a history of that. Switching the topic to basketball for a second. I remember Allen Iverson scoring 40 points like 5 straight games as a rookie. That had never been done. Well the Sixers were like 1 and 4 in those games and Wilbon made the statement at that point that he didn't feel Iverson was rookie of the season. He said to score 40 and not win, he felt Iverson wasn't deserving. OK thats his opinion wrongly or rightly. Well towards the end of the season I think Iverson finished strong and had a few more 40 point games. Wilbon was on George Micheals show that comes on Saturday afternoons. John Thompson was a guest also. Wilbon changed his mind sitting in front of Big John. Me and my buddy sat and looked at each other. :laugh:

Archived